NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Passaic Jet skiers... - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 07-25-2014, 10:00 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Passaic Jet skiers...

Saw them last night. Two kids not wearing helmets or PFD's flying by a high speeds over 40mph. One came by so fast. it nearly crossed my fishing line! I contacted both local police and the land owner. Thankfully the pike didn't seem to care. I'm gonna get those bastards anyways. Bunch of laws the are breaking including passing under narrow bridges which is not only dangerous but dumb.

Last edited by buzzbaiter; 07-25-2014 at 10:10 AM..
Old 07-25-2014, 10:56 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Re: Passaic Jet skiers...

Snagging hooks seem like a solid option
Old 07-25-2014, 03:19 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I've been accused of flattening trailer tires, throwing bunker spoons, 3oz. lead and firing a potato cannon. 1st and second degree felonies. I'll throw down if you want to tussle. Boating etiquette is not something that comes naturally to most people. I'm glad I can just enjoy fishing , now that my record is clear.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:28 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRiverRat View Post
I've been accused of flattening trailer tires, throwing bunker spoons, 3oz. lead and firing a potato cannon. 1st and second degree felonies. I'll throw down if you want to tussle. Boating etiquette is not something that comes naturally to most people. I'm glad I can just enjoy fishing , now that my record is clear.
Bunker Spoons start at $25 a pop! I'd suggest keeping those in your tackle box and opting for cheaper and more effective projectiles.

If you are talking about the dudes on those yellow ski's, they dock them just down the river of the Rt 80 Bridge on the left side. I couple gallons of river water pumped into their fuel tanks should keep them ashore for a while. Also keep an eye out for the dude that captains that aluminum boat with the shark teeth painted on it. He gets a little up-close and personal on the water also.

Gustard Wood
Tidewater 216
Old 07-25-2014, 04:58 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Thanks for your interest in Great Piece…even though sometimes there seems to be very little peace.
The river is open to responsible and safe boating. If you feel this jet ski activity is being done in a un-responsible or unsafe way: it would be best to call 1 877 WARN_DEP (1 877 927-6337) or the township police when you see this activity occurring.

Martin Rapp
NJ Natural Lands Trust
609-984-1424
www.NJNLT.org
If anybody sees them, get video if u can and then contact DEP or Fairfield Police. Thanks.