NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Sea tow or boat US? - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Boating
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Boating Use this board to discuss anything related to boats and boating in NJ

Old 03-23-2009, 06:12 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Sea tow or boat US?

I use sea tow now and for about 6 years,and am happy with there service, but I just heard that west marine gives a bigger discount to Boat US members, and they are pretty comparable in price?

Last edited by joeya78; 03-24-2009 at 06:26 PM..
Old 03-23-2009, 06:42 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Post Re: Sea tow or boat US?

Not really a discount. Just a rewards system that comes with the paid membership. for every $250 spent you get a check for $10. Now called West Marine Gold Advantage. Unpaid membership (Silver Advantage) $5.00 back on every $250.00. Checks now come out every 3 months.

I FISH I VOTE I MARCHED (BOTH TIMES.)
Old 03-23-2009, 06:50 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Sea tow or boat US?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelron
Not really a discount. Just a rewards system that comes with the paid membership. for every $250 spent you get a check for $10. Now called West Marine Gold Advantage. Unpaid membership (Silver Advantage) $5.00 back on every $250.00. Checks now come out every 3 months.
I already get that from west marine,they don't offer more points toward that or a discount for being a member of boat US? I never actually read about the discount it was told to me by someone.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:09 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I never even got any checks from WM when I was a Boat US member (altho did not use their tow service, but was a member at 1 time).

Sea Tow has always been great anytime I was on a boat that needed them (fortunately, not mine), but the $150 is well spent each season whether I need them or not.

I thought about switching as Tow Boat US is slightly cheaper, but am going to stick with Sea Tow.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:17 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

[QUOTE=mboy]Sea Tow has always been great anytime I was on a boat that needed them (fortunately, not mine), QUOTE]

Which Boat??

(shit, that NEVER gets old )

KUKUBABY FISHING TEAM

EST. 1995
Old 03-23-2009, 08:59 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

[quote=Duffman]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboy
Sea Tow has always been great anytime I was on a boat that needed them (fortunately, not mine), QUOTE]

Which Boat??

(shit, that NEVER gets old )
Ah, yes! That one too, but over the years, my father has required their services and they have always been responsive, prompt, capable and professional (just like that 1 time when a certain captain decided anchoring worked better when your engine was in FORWARD gear).
Old 03-24-2009, 07:23 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

I've been a sea tow member the last few years and they have been great. But I just switched to Boat US because I have my insurance through them and it justs make more sense for me. I am located down in Tuckerton and I see both BoatUS and Sea Two zipping around LEI all the time. I've never really heard any negitive about either of them so my thought is you can't go wrong with either. Boat US is a few dollars cheaper and does offer discount for fuel and such.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:27 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Re: Sea tow or boat US?

We had to call Tow Boat US last year when the captain decided to add oil on the way back in, and got water in the oil tank. They came right out once we called. My only problem is that the operator had to put the call on hold for a few seconds and the song that was playing on the musack was, "I say a little prayer for you!"

I FISH I VOTE I MARCHED (BOTH TIMES.)
Old 03-24-2009, 08:05 AM

I've had Boat US for 7 years now. That $150/year has been great as I have never had to call them! I see both services all over the Shrewsbury.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:07 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Capt Frank is Sea Tow

All things being equal, support a forum member that is active with advice and quality posts.