NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Weekend Trip to the D&R & SB - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 08-09-2016, 12:57 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Weekend Trip to the D&R & SB

So I had planned a trip to fish the South Branch again last weekend when I decided to stop off in Lambertville to try the D&R for my first time. Beautiful place, but did not see any fish at all besides some sunnies close to the banks.

I went a little further down to the Loch and casted with my favorite G.Loomis ultra lite and snagged something which ended up breaking the rod up by the 3rd eye..Ruined my day, but luckily had my Okuma with me and went to my spot at on the South Branch for about an hour. Worked my way upstream, and Wham! hooked my PB Smallmouth at 14" in my first 2 casts! What a fight-upstream, downstream and all around me with a few aerial flips! I just love the markings on those guys.

continued working upstream with no more luck so decided to call it a day so I can ship my rod back to get fixed. Needless to say, that fish made my day much better.

Cant wait to get back in the river..The water was much deeper than last month around the same time.
Old 08-09-2016, 06:18 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Weekend Trip to the D&R & SB

Congrats on the pb smallie- sounds like a real bull

Sorry bout your rod- fished a tuna boat whose owner loved g loomis- gorgeous rods-

Yea I'm excited- gonna rain on and off the next week- fill those spots up.
Old 08-09-2016, 11:09 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Thanks!

Yea it happens, I am counting the days till I get it back fixed. I need it for trout soon.

I'm hoping it will bring the water up in the rockaway. It's so low in the Denville stretch its only like ankle high.
Old 08-09-2016, 11:52 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Weekend Trip to the D&R & SB

Sounds like fun ! Watch the G Loomis fw rods, the graphite content is very high, they snap like twigs !
Old 08-10-2016, 01:22 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
Sounds like fun ! Watch the G Loomis fw rods, the graphite content is very high, they snap like twigs !
It was SO much fun! wish I had my camera with me for pics..Yea, I found that out the hard way, but they are fantastic rods, I cant wait to get mine back. I will only be using it for my private lake and trout fishing going forward.