NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

East Brunswick park, Farrington, DavidsonMills - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 03-31-2016, 08:40 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Default East Brunswick park, Farrington, DavidsonMills

Hey guys.

I went out today to cruise around to some of the spots close by my area and I stopped at the East Brunswick Park first and it was dead. 2 people fishing. The water level looked real low.

Farrington Lake had some activity, just one dude fishing off the bridge and I saw another guy on a boat.

Than I passed by Davidson Mills Pond. I don't have much experience fishing this place. There was a guy standing on this ledge where there is a run off. And I saw a few guys in a boat.

I was just walking around throwing out a senko texas rigged.

can't wait to really get out there and start catching some fish.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:12 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: East Brunswick park, Farrington, DavidsonMills

I've had good luck around runoff pipes. The stinkier, the better .

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek
Old 04-01-2016, 08:05 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Hmm

East Brunswick Park -----> pickerel central should be right now. Bass will be moving to spawn so if know places you know where they will be. Crappies are on the move and have to look for them. White cats are just being sluggish on bottom and carps are on move as well.

Farrington Lake - still never hooked into a pike there. Guys fishing of bridge usually go for golden shiners this time of year. Wait till trout season opens and you will know where to look for them.

Davidson Mill --- Pickerel and bass and that's about covers it all. BUt do need a boat to get what you need and want.

Good luck in any place you choose.

Andre
Old 04-02-2016, 10:26 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Dont bother spending too much time fishing these lakes, they are not what they used to be when i was a kid. I been living in south brunswick my whole life. A decade ago davidson mills pond was loaded with big sunnies and bass all over the shallows. Farrington used to yield dozens of quality perch and crappie in the dead of winter just a few years ago. I never got anything too good out of east brunswick park. The amount of pressure in this area is appauling. Most panfish are in the 5 inch range with a few jumbos mixed in. the pike have been harvested to near extinction in farrington. Find spots that are not in a densely populated area. Trout can be caught beneath the falls in davidsons mills tho. opening day is a nightmare lol good luck
Old 04-02-2016, 01:57 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Hate to say it but the harsh reality of crusty's input is spot-on. The bucket brigade is disgusting at Farrington and the mill. No way in hell is a pike being released from there either. People have used and abused what were 2 quality impoundments. I've seen guys keeping 4-5" pan fish off the bridges. Gross... no respect.
Old 04-05-2016, 10:23 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Blame it all on the internet! TTY next yr