NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

10-27-15 Best Day Fishing this year - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 10-27-2015, 06:31 PM
Banned

Default 10-27-15 Best Day Fishing this year

So i took the day off and headed to a local honey hole i found out about not too long ago.

It was a little windy and a little cold but not too bad and the water was 55 Degrees

Things started off a little slow while i was trying to figure out where the fish were.

Once i figured it out, it was hit after hit, after hit.

I caught about 10 but only photographed the 7 that were worthy, i lost about another 6 that came off as i was reeling in.

I was getting bites constantly

The smaller ones and one photographed below were caught with an in line spinners.The other with a wacky rigged artificial worms.

Man what a day. I had to leave cause i got cold and tired of reeling them in and getting constant hits, TIRED of getting hits I tell you!

Haven't seen this much action since when i first met my ex girlfriend

Fish Number 1

Fish Number 2

Fish Number 3

Fish Number 4

Fish Number 5

Fish Number 6

Fish Number 7, last but not least! (next two pics are the same fish)
She was 17 inches and if i my scale was correct 2.7 pounds

Bonus pic just to post something different, this is one of the fish above

Last edited by xDirty; 10-28-2015 at 05:49 PM..
Old 10-27-2015, 08:13 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: 10-27-15 Best Day Fishing this year

Amazing! I thought the bass bite died down, but it looks like it varies on the water you fish. All those photos of the fish look like they are over 3 pounds!
Old 10-27-2015, 08:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudCat08 View Post
Amazing! I thought the bass bite died down, but it looks like it varies on the water you fish. All those photos of the fish look like they are over 3 pounds!
Most of them were around 1.5 and 2.5 but the big one weighed 2.7 but for a 17 inch fish that seems a little low. at one point it weighed 3 pounds but my damn scale has issues.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:01 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: 10-27-15 Best Day Fishing this year

Going into the Bassmasters elite tourney? Haha! That's a load of quality bass right here dude. Congrats on some awesome catching!

YEA BUDDY!!!
Old 10-28-2015, 08:11 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDirty View Post
Most of them were around 1.5 and 2.5 but the big one weighed 2.7 but for a 17 inch fish that seems a little low. at one point it weighed 3 pounds but my damn scale has issues.
Jealous! My Tuesday was spent stuck in an office. I would have considered the trip a success if I landed just one of those beasts, congrats!
Old 10-28-2015, 09:12 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Awesome work dude. Some quality bass there.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:28 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Nice job Dirty! Took off work, AND filled the bag with bass...can't beat that! Great lookin catch man!!
Old 10-28-2015, 04:54 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

I'm not going to ask you for the location, but could you share what the pattern was?
Old 10-28-2015, 05:28 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

That right there is a AWESOME job !!! By the looks of the ones in the pictures, I would get a new scale because they were def. over 2-3lbs.
Old 10-28-2015, 05:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper-6 View Post
I'm not going to ask you for the location, but could you share what the pattern was?
Its a good thing you didnt ask, cause i wouldnt have given it to you LOL theres only two people on this board that went out of their way to help me and i'd do the same for them.

Now as far as the pattern, every place is different. Some places have had the fall turn over already, some not. This particular place didnt, at least thats what it seemed to me, im not an expert and still learning. The fish weren't in the little ponds connected to the big pond, but there were kind of in between and in and around cover. The fish however were in really shallow water. maybe 2 to 3 feet.

Like i said above, the water was 55 degrees which is a little bit on the cold side but with the sun out the fish warm up and still bite during afternoon hours.

in-Line spinners and wacky rigged worms are your friend

When you go anywhere use a search bait, most people ive seen suggest spinnerbaits but i find that inline spinners are more effective. I get a higher range of fish that bite with the inline spinner.

Basically throw that search bait EVERYWHERE, and try different depths if the pond or lake is deep. Try throwing it near every area with cover, especially shore lines near vegetation.

Try not to get your lure caught in the weeds though! Its not fun when the 10 dollar lure gets caught in a tree or in the weeds. If theres too much vegetation around , use your cheaper inline spinners and worms, like those dollar spinners from walmart or yum dingers instead of senkos.

When you get a few hits, keep trying and if the bite dies down, switch to a crankbait and then a wacky rigged worm.

If you get no bites, switch to wacky and try to find the deepest area of the pond /lake and if that doesnt work you're shit out of luck lol

Last edited by xDirty; 10-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..