NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

salmon river meet and greet wrap-up - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 10-04-2015, 07:54 PM
Site Sponsor

Default salmon river meet and greet wrap-up

Alright guys this is the scoop pretty much a tough trip.... friday we all met at fat nancys suited up and ran down low no fish sighted or hooked as I ran up to 1000 island for part for my boat raci g back down 81 eddie calls and says he found em at the ball park race down river jump in eddies got a coho on the stringer and yuri hooked 3 lost em i jump in hook and land a ho and a small steelie and hook a few more but come off was decent those couple hrs.sat we get up go low in hopes of all the fish in the estuary to make a push but it never happened back to ball park seth got into one that comes off a few hookups but slow pretty much the rest of the trip we searched high and low south sandy me and my bud alex walked a good 7 miles at least with nothing to show for it but spot a fish here and there tough.....we checked orwell and some other spots...all empty today we took the ride to the circus of oz good amount of fish there if thats ur style. O well two years in a row tough!!! One things for sure the guys were great helping out cookin and at camp tons laughs and we ate like kings all wknd long thanks for evreyone that came up I kknow its not cheap with the gas and evreything sorry the fishin hasnt been what its supoossed to be but thanks guys and we will all whack em sooner or later
Rvta member
Knee Deep member
Mike K Guide Service (owner)
https://www.facebook.com/MikeKGuideService/
(908 642-5423
Old 10-04-2015, 08:01 PM
Site Sponsor

Default Re: salmon river meet and greet wrap-up

[URL=http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/fvkathyk/media/IMG_6643_zpsumkeybbm.jpg.html][/URL [URL=http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/fvkathyk/media/IMG_2344_zpskyo1gc54.jpg.html][/URL [URL=http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/fvkathyk/media/12032001_1127875180576007_4152370718383980143_n_zp sfm4apivd.jpg.html][/URL [URL=http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/fvkathyk/media/20151001_145438_zpsnyu7lirf.jpg.html][/URL
Rvta member
Knee Deep member
Mike K Guide Service (owner)
https://www.facebook.com/MikeKGuideService/
(908 642-5423
Old 10-05-2015, 07:39 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: salmon river meet and greet wrap-up

Steaks, burgers, chicken, wings, smoked trout, salmon, stuffed pork chops, clams, yellowfin tuna and every thing else you can think of was brought to camp. Drinks, fires, good times had by all. Holy cow I'm still stuffed from all the food and drink that was consumed on this trip. Thanks to all that contributed and kept our stomachs full and happy.

There were some fish caught in areas that are highly pressured. Trestle pool, Town pool, the High Bridge and the DSR were the most productive. For the anglers that squeezed there way into these spots, kudos to you. We fish a little differently than the others. Search mode, looking for that pocket of fresh fish we can have all to ourselves. Luckily I found some fish the first day there a little downstream from the mayhem that is the Clamshed. Some guys hooked up and landed fish, others gave it there all and came up empty. It's fishing, not catching. No matter what the trip is always worth it. The bond, the camaraderie and the good people is what keeps me coming back. 16 years deep into this game and there's no chance in hell that I'll ever give it up. Fishing has been a little different on the SR since the big flood of 2012 in my opinion. The runs aren't as long and the fish don't seem to be running in the massive numbers they used to. It's hard getting so many people together to fish and catch fish successfully when we never know when these trophy fish will decide to run. One of these years we'll hit it right. Everyone will have sore arms, LOL!

Think we managed to get 16-17 guys to come up to Seth's Salmon acres on Saturday which is a feat in itself. Thanks Seth! You are the man as always. Let's keep this trip going. I can't imagine my life without it!

Thanks to everyone that made the trip.

TIGHT LINEZ!!!!!
Old 10-05-2015, 08:12 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

First of big thank you to Seth for opening his home to all of us lunatics.

Always great to meet up with all of you guys and put faces behind those screen names.

I started out later than everyone but, I just had to make it out even when two of my buddies that were suppose to go could not make it out. Grab my sister and her boyfriend to add some feminine touch to the annual fest.

Got to the river at 2 am and pretty much waited at rt 3 for the right time to fish. Fish was jumping all night but as soon as 5am hit, I did not se a single one surface. Saw two guys land some fish of the bridge with couple being broken of as well. Tried my luck there to start a day, with nothing to show for it and then moved to a different spot. Town pool was an absolute zoo like always but that's where I saw most fished hooked and landed. Got in touch with Eddy who was in search mode. Headed out to the Oz to see some people landing the fish of the wall but with water being high it was hit or miss. Stayed there for a bit and then headed out to camp. Had to have Eddie guide me in a right direction but that's because my day already started with a trusty bottle, which got emptied pretty quick. Don't remember when I passed out but I do remember making an ill advised bet for the next morning for the first fish caught with Joe Sr.

Sunday 6am was up and ready to go. Night before I have already called my spot and headed over to Town pool to battle the crowds. Switched line to braid since I got tired of all the tangles and just wanted to all leave me alone and let me get my fish. Turned out to be a good choice since people gave me my space once they figured out whats up. Within an hour lost one when the beast did not hook properly and then finally I heard the sweet sound of line screaming. Fought the beast for good twenty minutes with him making more runs fro freedom then I could count. Finally with a help of new buddy I made we managed to net it and bring it to shore. On a 3rd attempt. Big thanks to him for sticking with it and helping me land it. After a quick picture fish was nursed back to life and released since cohos what I was after.

Overall great trip, great guys and now its time for me to collect on my bet I hope.

Andre
Old 10-05-2015, 08:44 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Way to get your fish Andre! Great catch! You better go find Joe to collect your winnings, lol!!! Were there a lot of fish landed at Town pool? We must do it again during the big run, "if it happens this year"!

Anyway! Thanks again to all the people that made the trip!
Seth, Mikey, Ken, Yuri, Alex, Andre, Andres sister, Johnny, Mattk, Mike V, Joe, Joe Sr, Preston, Al, Mike from PA. I'm hoping to see you guys again very soon. Again, thanks for the memorable trip!

P.S. It didn't rain this year!!!!!
Old 10-05-2015, 08:49 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Always a good time and I'm glad the weather held up better than previous years. I can honestly say that mikey yellow fin and Yuris smoked trout were some of the best meals I've had. We are definitely doing this again next year.
Old 10-05-2015, 11:18 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Glad to see everyone had a great time despite the tough fishing! Next time I'll have to join you guys instead of going off on my own!
Old 10-05-2015, 12:49 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Eddie Eddie,

Town pool was most productive of all the places I visited in my opinion. Yeah there were some crowds but if you stuck to your guns you would be leaving with fish. every 5 minutes someone was hooking up and that's without any big numbers pushing through.

Loved it.

Andre
Old 10-05-2015, 01:09 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

they were putting the smack down under the bridge and behind dawns
Old 10-05-2015, 07:29 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

http://www.syracuse.com/outdoors/ind...art_river_home