NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Spruce Run Question - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 04-28-2015, 05:32 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Spruce Run Question

Decided to open up and try other lakes So I will be heading to Spruce Run for the first time tomorrow. Just wanted to see if anyone could give me possible options for places to park and car top launch a small jon boat with trolling motor only or is launching only allowed at the boat launch. Do you have to pay to launch? Any and all onformation is appreciated. Feel free to pm if necessary.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:48 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Re: Spruce Run Question

It's free to launch except between Memorial day to Labor day it costs ten to get into the park during the summer. There is a couple spots off Van Sycle rd you may be able to launch from or inside the park there is a main boat launch and a beach area for yaks and stuff like that so you have a few options.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:15 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Launching is from boat ramp area and area across from ramp at the dirt by the lot. No fees until Memorial Day.

There is a main gate that you can stop at and verify the launching idea. From what I understand it's only the areas I have listed above.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:58 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Thanks guys. and to get there, simply google mapping spruce run reservoir park will bring me to the boat launch area?
Old 04-28-2015, 07:10 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Pull in the only entrance, drive thru the pay area and make a left at the first intersection, brings you right to the launch, good luck
Old 04-29-2015, 09:05 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Do they NOT charge during the summer after a certain hour, like 6 or 7PM? I seem to remember night fishing there last summer and not paying a fee...Maybe it was before Memorial day..

Gustard Wood
Tidewater 216
Old 04-29-2015, 09:56 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScowardNJ View Post
Do they NOT charge during the summer after a certain hour, like 6 or 7PM? I seem to remember night fishing there last summer and not paying a fee...Maybe it was before Memorial day..
You are correct, sir!
Old 04-29-2015, 11:23 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

i think it's 5pm but double check. also you can car top launch small boats from a few spots off the road that follows it's shore line...there are openings and parking areas and no signs saying you can't car top launch
Old 04-29-2015, 01:46 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScowardNJ View Post
During the summer they charge during the park open hours...7AM to 5PM has been the norm for as long as I can rememeber. However, on Holiday weekends they extend that and begin charging at 6AM...not sure when they stop charging on those days.

I found that out by showing up at 6:30 to get in and avoid the $10. So basically I drug the wife out early and paid the fee anyway! She don't like getting up at stupid o'clock. Let's just say it was a long morning and I didn't do anything right for a while! To top it off we got skunked too. That really made her happy!
Old 04-29-2015, 04:23 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

This past year as long as I showed up before 8 I didn't have to pay, weekdays anyways.