NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

~*~ Assunpink, Farrington and Manasquan reservoir - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 12-30-2014, 12:14 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default ~*~ Assunpink, Farrington and Manasquan reservoir

So this weekend I managed to climb out from the comfortable couch and get out.

7 Am was at Assunpink getting ready to do some pheasant hunting. Man I have not seen so many people being out in a long time. Reminded me of combat salmon fishing at Salmon River.

Not to mention I have not so many people miss at the same bird but oh well (I am being one of them). First one I found had no chance but I still managed to get it only with a second shot. Next 3 I missed completely and they were picked off by someone else. (One of them being shot at the ground level - not cool man not cool at all)

Then off to Manasquan reservoir where my recent fishing skunk continued. Couldn't catch a bite for the love of me but didn't really like the place where I was fishing. Wanted to try other ones but after hearing about some stories involving the rangers decided to relocate to Farrington. Once again no luck no bites and had to leave home with a tail between my legs. Phesant tail that is.

Andre
Old 12-30-2014, 12:55 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: ~*~ Assunpink, Farrington and Manasquan reservoir

Dinner is served, YEA BUDDY!!! Well it'll be a small dinner but it's better than nothing.

I downsize my bait this time of year. I'm using small ice fishing jigs under floats at my local lake. Been pulling Perch, Crappie, Trout and some small Bass out of the water. Fish are cold now so you gotta go small. Just tip your jig with a small shiner or fathead or a simple waxworm! I use Berkley gulp maggots and all the other smelly stuff and it's been producing big time.

Go get Andre! Thanx for the report!!!
Old 12-30-2014, 01:37 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTEDDIE29 View Post
Dinner is served, YEA BUDDY!!! Well it'll be a small dinner but it's better than nothing.

I downsize my bait this time of year. I'm using small ice fishing jigs under floats at my local lake. Been pulling Perch, Crappie, Trout and some small Bass out of the water. Fish are cold now so you gotta go small. Just tip your jig with a small shiner or fathead or a simple waxworm! I use Berkley gulp maggots and all the other smelly stuff and it's been producing big time.

I know. Used fatheads and waxworms but still got nothing. Ill get them though they cant get away from me.

Sincerely
Old 01-01-2015, 01:22 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTEDDIE29 View Post

Its funny you mention that technique....When I used to live out that way, that was my go to tactic this time of year on the squan....Fished it off the rock dam and let the wave action give my jigs all of their action.....Always resulted in some very quality LM and SM....Not a big numbers game this time of year but when its cold , action is action.....There is a similar technique used down south that I believe is called jig N fly or something like that....oh that's it , its called the float and fly and is used to catch world class smallies up to 7-8lbs....http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...wkmF2AXLt9Yu8Q
Old 01-01-2015, 12:05 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Watch out for the roving schools of man eatinv hybrids
Old 01-01-2015, 01:51 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Hybrids? Did i hear hybrids?????

16 Ft Princecraft DLX
9.9 Johnson
HELIX 7 Si GPS
Old 01-05-2015, 02:27 PM