NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Carnegie lake - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 07-07-2014, 07:32 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Carnegie lake

I believe that is the place I drive over after passing thru Princeton--looks like the rowing house right below the bridge--where is the best place to launch a kayak nearby and get into some fish? Also what am I targeting LM or other species? P.S. is the canal a better fishing option? thanks
Old 07-08-2014, 07:33 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Re: Carnegie lake

The are around the boat house is technically closed off right now due to bridge repairs. You can launch up on 27 before the kingston town line. You can also launch for the D&R canal around the same area.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:54 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Cool Re: Carnegie lake

Launching on the north (Kingston) end of the lake at the crew finish line / boat ramp is easiest. You can also go to the small parking area on Faculty Road (on the north / opposite side of Washington Road from the boathouse) and drop in there. The gate to the lot is closed and locked sometimes, but is open most of the time. You can also drop in at the boathouse right off the parking lot, but parking there is restricted. That would get you on the south end where the Stony Brook enters the lake. Depending how daring you are, you might be able to get in from the Mapleton Road D&R Canal parking lot. There is easy access to the Millstone lilly pad area there. (I haven't fished that yet, but it looks promising.)

There's LMBs all up and down the shoreline as well as sunnies in the lilly pads by the damn. Plenty of cats running around too. I've hit the most LMBs on dark Senkos tossed at the bank, sunk and jerk retrieved.

Last edited by CMJeepster; 07-08-2014 at 03:57 PM..
Old 07-08-2014, 05:14 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

It gets stocked with Muskie too. Screw the bass, go for the teeth.

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek
Old 07-09-2014, 07:46 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I'm with ya skunk!! I just read that Ey' do you or ne1 know how many years they been stocking em' in there?? And any one have some success for em' outta there?? U can always PM me
Old 07-09-2014, 10:37 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Years ago they stocked it with hybrids. I remember catching real small ones by the Harrison Street bridge during lunch breaks. I wonder if any are still in there?
Old 07-09-2014, 10:52 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaink View Post
Years ago they stocked it with hybrids. I remember catching real small ones by the Harrison Street bridge during lunch breaks. I wonder if any are still in there?
average lifespan of 10 years or so, they are prob still in there. as long as theres some kinda baitfish or at least sunfish the wipers will gobble them up, they are fast and hungry mofos
Old 07-09-2014, 03:21 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

I've caught one tiger musky and hooked into one pike at Carnegie fishing it 30+ days a year for the past 4 years. They're in there, but better places to fish for them IMO.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:07 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Thanks guys-- will let you know how I did when I go.