NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Highland Lakes - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 02-17-2014, 12:43 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Highland Lakes

I just found out that a guy I work with has a house on Highland lakes in Sussex. He said I can fish it whenever I want. I know nothing about this lake and was wondering if anyone on here does. Ie: depths, weeds, rocks, species of fish and maybe where the best fishing is on the lake. Thanks ahead of time, you guys are the best with information.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:50 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Highland Lakes

I dated a girl who lived in Highland Lakes. Never got to fish it, but talked to guys who did pretty well. If you Google hard enough, there are some reports about it. Pretty sure it has Walleye and big Bass.

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek
Old 02-18-2014, 12:43 AM
NJFishing.com Member

I know Indian Lake up there is pretty good. I've not fished it during the winter, but on shiners for live bait or cranks and small spinnerbaits its hard to go wrong. My buddies and I used to call 15ish bass a trip a slow day up there, but I haven't been up in years. Good walleye fishing, too. Fish averaging 1-2 pounds on both species, but there are 5's of both in there, lurking around.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:50 AM
iceehot6766

Before my friend Matt moved to Florida 3 years ago, we fished it prob once a month and it is an excellent private lake...There are big Walleye(which tend to hand down near the dam by the Clubhouse end...It's deepest there .....Also there are Smallmouth and Largemouth, perch, crappie, sunfish and yes, Muskies also...However I haven't actually ever seen one and everyone we asked says it's been quite some time since they have also, yet they are definately i there...........there is alot of nice structure and laydowns all over the place as well as docks, weed edges and a few islands scatterred throughout the lake(sunken and visable)...I even looked at a few houses up there recently but it's just so far away from NYC that commuting would be too much on a daily ......Not alot of fishing pressure and hope you have a good time fishing there....good luck and have fun!!!
Old 02-18-2014, 05:40 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

As usual, thanks guys for the information. I'll give it a shot in the spring and report back.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:56 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

lotsa 8 to 10in perch thru ice. need to harvest them.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:34 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

highland lakes are private lakes and you need a badge to fish the lakes if someone lives there they can get you a daily badge,don't get yourself in trouble not a lot of land around the big lake to fish from shore best from a boat but you need a guest badge if you don't live in highland lakes.