NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

7/4 Lh - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 07-05-2013, 01:23 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default 7/4 Lh

Hit the lake from 6-730am to get some time in before other obligations. Did alot of spot scouting, looking for life. Fish were quite a bit deeper than past few weeks and saw a couple of HUGE bait balls that I dont usually see til the fall when they go into deep water winter habitat. Anyway while in last weeks spot searching, a school of stripers pushed up a pod of bait and they were blitzing them on the surface and the birds even started working the bait, was awesome. Tossed a F13 into the mix and got the first one of the morning, and lost 2 right after on short strikes. They went deep and it was over in 2 min tops, but a heart pumper for sure. Second one came jigging on barnes ridge, found some bigger marks hangin in the valley and wasnt sure if they were eyeballs or linesiders. The old chartruese binsky got one to hit and landed him. A few other spots held fish, some very shallow still, but only came up w 1 other wiper, a perch, and a rock bass all on a white grubtail jig head. Pics to prove it happened

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-05-2013, 01:58 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: 7/4 Lh

Nice 'Brids and very informative report Jimmy. Were you picking up any thermocline yet?

Driving home from Swartswood yesterday morning around 6:30am, the line of traffic for the state park exit was backed up onto Rt. 80. Can't imagine how packed that place will be this weekend !

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek
Old 07-05-2013, 02:48 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Gotta love the binsky!
Old 07-05-2013, 03:42 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

No hint of a thermocline yet, but coming sooooon. water temps 78-79 everywhere, deep and shallow. I think all the boat traffic and winds/rain have helped delay it a while. A few days of no winds and light traffic and the lake will stratify quickly, and then u can troll 20ft down all day long and whack the sleeping fish lol. I was on my way to my slip just before 6am and the park wasnt even open and they had the "filled to capactity" sign out already, over 100 cars waiting in line to go in. Its ridiculous, they need to change the per car policy and start charging by the person, people were parking in GrandUnion plaza and walking across the blvd. to get in others cars, and quite a few overweight women w bikinis on and high heels at 6am.......made keeping my bfast sandwich down kinda tuff haha
Old 07-05-2013, 03:47 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: 7/4 Lh

Great job Jimmy!!! Yea buddy!!! If you don't have the Binsky collection in your arsenal, you don't know what your missing. Nice Wipers!!!
Old 07-05-2013, 03:50 PM
iceehot6766

Always a great report and pix.....I gotta get out there for some 'Eyes......if you want to go one day early in the am, shoot me a pm and I will meet you,split gas, and bring or buy lunch....Let's get some!!