NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Calling all Cars - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Non Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Non Fishing Use this board to post non fishing related information. The same rules apply here as the other boards. Behave or your post will be removed along with your posting priviledges.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:08 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Calling all Cars

Hey guys/gals, I have the pleasure of having a new driver on the road and am currently looking for a decent car to buy for her. Of-course we don't want a P.O.S. but looking in the $4500 + range. I'm trying to steer her away from the flashy sport models , that's an uphill battle . We live in PP Boro and are looking in our general area. Thanks for the help if you can. F.H. Tony
Old 02-03-2013, 11:23 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Calling all Cars

I bought both my kids used Volvo's from George at Pro VoVo in Freehold.

He buys them at the Volvo auction and goes over the car to make sure they are perfect. I have bought 6-7 cars from him over the years and never had a problem. One of my daughters is still driving one. Currently she has over 125k on it and it shows no sign of being tired.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:27 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Im not a volvo fan at all.. Pain in the ass to work on.. and can be a pain to get parts..

If you want something safe and will run forever.. Get a toyota.. when i worked for them it was not a rare sight to see them with well over 200K.. easy to work on and parts are pretty cheap..

VW is another great choice..

RFA

Instagram - salt_life1985

Team F.O.M.F.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:08 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltLife1980
Im not a volvo fan at all.. Pain in the ass to work on.. and can be a pain to get parts..

If you want something safe and will run forever.. Get a toyota.. when i worked for them it was not a rare sight to see them with well over 200K.. easy to work on and parts are pretty cheap..

VW is another great choice..

VW is not another great choice. I would not buy one without a GOOD warranty.

I work for Toyota, just bought my '05 4Runner in May with 78k on the clock. Like Saltlife said, many, many cars come in with 200k+ and the owners keep putting money into them because they last. Simple maintenance. That's it.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:25 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Good Luck with that one , All I can remember is what I wanted for my first car , you really expect her to be resonable. I wasnt - Were you ??? Good Luck

Honda , Toyota have always been solid - just bought 04-honda civic with 94k on it and love it , but just like anything else - just needs proper/correct maintenance

Gdubs- Good Luck -