NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

browns - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 11-21-2011, 11:19 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default browns

i went river fishing last week, started off slow but then I got this nice little guy:

wild brown trout male. was just barely 9", too small to be a stocker. it milted on my hand, you can see some on his anal fin. released to make more trout.

I fished my way up stream a bit more, catching a mixed bag of pickerel, chubs, and a LMB. Was working my way out of a snag when I tripped on a submerged log and ended up taking a knee mid-river... the water topped my chest waders. Always wear a wading belt and keep it tight! It kept me from being soaked and it was instead just a minor inconvenience. My phone was a casualty though.

Anyway, right after I started fishing again, I hooked into something nice. It put up quite a fight with a couple runs and a jump, and when I netted it I saw it was another brown trout... but this time a nice 17". New personal best for me. Brown trout were not included in the fall stocking program, so I am thinking it was a probably holdover or, less probably, wild. I am really disappointed that my phone was not working, because it was the best looking fish I have ever caught. The yellows of its belly and the red and brown spots were intense, perfect fins, really just a great looking fish. She took the lure in one of her gills though and try as I might she was not destined to swim again. I took a picture with my camera when I got home about half an hour later, but it really does not do it justice.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:41 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: browns

Gorgeous fish man. I'm not much into the Trout thing, but all these threads on guys catching them has gotten me interested

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek
Old 11-21-2011, 06:17 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: browns

Congrats on your PB brown trout !
Old 11-21-2011, 06:42 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Lots of nice fish to be caught,just need to explore.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:17 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

congrats... nice fish!

btw, I went through 3 cell phones due to dunking them one way or another and finally went with a casio g'zone, shock proof and water resistant. already splashed it the same as before, as well as dropped it onto rocks or pavement and its still ticking nicely, not even any scratches!

Rob