NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Trout streams close March 21 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 03-13-2011, 09:01 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Exclamation Trout streams close March 21

.......... and reopen April 9 at 8am.

There are exceptions like TCA's and some lakes, check your 2011 Freshwater Fishing Issue for more info.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:43 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Trout streams close March 21

Trout waters will be closed to me until the crowd thins out in May. Until then, it's Passaic pike and Union County carp. Happy hunting guys!!!!
Old 03-14-2011, 10:18 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Looks like I can get a couple of more days in before the closure. It's been tough thie year to get out between the hard winter & rainfall we are now expierencing, & I gotta add all my offshore cod trips.
I'm gettin' out this week all I can ,we are suppose to get anoheter shot of rain Wed. ,hope it's not enough to flood streams.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:55 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Spoke with my dad over the weekend,

The schedule should be coming in this week for the next three weeks of stocking.

Week 1 - usually streams (they usually hit these streams in a limited number of spots but usually dump a lot (they may hit the flatbrook that week and only stop in 8 spots on the stream but dump a tank there). Usually the soft ground prohibits them from making more spots
Week 2 - lakes / small ponds / some brooks
Week 3 - another round for the major streams and they usually hit that week like they would normally for a regular stocking - all stops to be touched.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:27 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

The pre-season stocking is based on geographic location and are different from the in-season schedule. Rivers (like the Musky) get one pres-season stocking.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:22 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super
The pre-season stocking is based on geographic location and are different from the in-season schedule. Rivers (like the Musky) get one pres-season stocking.

Huh??? I dont understand this statement?

Pre-season isnt based on geo - they know the exact number of fish to go into each stream and is spread out throughout the preseason / and is all scheduled each day.

The preseason - typically - the Musky actually gets 4 trucks(in which those trucks will only have a section of the river (upper middle lower musky) for the preseason. Each truck will have like 10 stops and they will dump a tank worth of fish on that stocking sight. The fourth truck may do stops in the upper middle lower (depends on the schedule).

This will happen between when the rivers closed and opening day
Old 03-14-2011, 02:59 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

The Musky gets stocked every Friday during the in-season stockings, but only gets stocked once during the pre-season and it's not on a Friday. It's on a Wednesday.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:52 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super
The Musky gets stocked every Friday during the in-season stockings, but only gets stocked once during the pre-season and it's not on a Friday. It's on a Wednesday.
Yes the Musky gets stocked on Friday

As for preseason - that is yet to be determined, schedules havent come out yet for the preseason.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:49 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

They don't announce the pre-season schedule, do they? I've never seen it published. It doesn't matter since people can't fish.

But the pre-season stocking schedule must have been made. I know this because NJF&W is looking for volunteers to help with the stocking and they already have some routes (like the Musky) assigned.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:10 PM
Old Soft Salt

Micheal's dad works at the hatchery. He is posting privileged information here Super. I think he knows what he is talking about
And like Super has stated, you can't fish anyway, but you can follow the trucks. I know when I volunteered to stock we were never alone
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trout_truck.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	32753  

Last edited by Wilson; 03-14-2011 at 05:16 PM..