NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Blue Cats - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 10-17-2022, 10:36 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Blue Cats

Chrisper and I headed down to the nations capital to meet up with long time NJFishing member catfishonthelake to target river monsters. Got up at 0600 hours to find out Mark forgot the rods and had to go back home which thankfully only resulted in a slight delay. Got to the first spot and things looked really good with a ton of marks. We get set and immediately got hit and were like today is going to be a good day! Picked another 2 fish and then it went cold.

Wiggled around and Mark landed a nice 23# fish.

The rest of the day was a repeat of the first set. Make a move. Immediately get hit by a smaller fish or 2 and then it would go dead.

Then the witching hour struck and it was solid action with mostly small to midsized fish with a few doubles.

I had one on that felt better but it shook the hook halfway up. Of course the unrelenting b*busting ensued that I am a TERRIBLE fisherman and don't know how to catch a fish. The next rod goes off at it was supposed to be Mark's turn but he was like no it is yours. I was in the front of the boat and greedy a$$ Chris grabbed the rod and caught another dink.

From this point forward Mark gave up his spot and it was just Chris and I taking turns. Back and forth we go with smaller fish. I was up and the outside rod gets bent in half. I could barely get the rod out of the holder. I come tight and feel alot of weight. The beast comes to the surface about 50 yards out and Mark and Chris start screaming/chanting "DON"T F*** THIS UP. DON"T F*** THIS UP". The adrenaline was already pumping and now I have the Valley Girl Cheerleading Team taunting me. The beast's head shakes were just plain awesome. When it saw the boat it made a couple of hard runs and foolishly dove into the net on the third dive. Takes both of the cheerleaders to lift the beast into the boat.

The beast weighed 46 pounds and is the biggest fish I have ever caught! I am SOOOO happy Chris is greedy!

Thanks to Mark for the invite and I look forward to the next trip!

Last edited by NJSquatch; 10-17-2022 at 02:40 PM..
Old 10-17-2022, 11:23 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Blue Cats

next time get your lazy ass up and grab the rod... how your laziness and overall snail-like movement speed finally fell in your favor, i'll never understand!!

Anyway, if only one big fish was going to be landed, this day, I'm glad it was by the guy that can't catch any other big fish typically.

You also forgot the cockroach running out of my bed in the morning (that i can only assume you placed there) and you coming home to a busted tail light that, honestly, maybe you deserved!
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54
Old 10-17-2022, 12:28 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

You guys are SO welcome and Chrisper bringing me fresh tuna certainly didn't hurt anything.

You guys are a total blast to fish with man, I had so much fun. Just think, if Joe were reliable this never would have happened. You really should thank him Duane instead of busting his ba!!$. I'm ready to run this back ASAP, you guys know the Friday, keep me posted. No weekends no holidays. I've spoiled myself with the 4-day workweek but you guys seem to be a little less servile to your employers than than Skip. Welcome on my boat anytime. Let's do this, Chrisper needs a hog and the colder it gets the better it gets.

And hey...let's just clarify that I was 6 minutes from my house when I realized I forgot the rods (and have NEVER done that before in my life) but that extra 12 minutes round trip was enough to build-up 45 minutes of DC traffic. Still, not going to complain seeing that I live just over an hour from the launch these days. I've decided next time we just hit the water in the dark and fish off the downtown spots until the sun comes up then push upstream to beat traffic. Don't care about going home just want to get on the water in the AM without hassles.

Last edited by catfishonthelake; 10-17-2022 at 12:40 PM..
Old 10-17-2022, 08:28 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Re: Blue Cats

Oh wow, a Catfish report. Super cool! Congrats on the PB Squatch! Those smaller ones are cool af also. Such a feeding machine.
Old 10-18-2022, 01:11 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishonthelake View Post
You guys are SO welcome and Chrisper bringing me fresh tuna certainly didn't hurt anything.

You guys are a total blast to fish with man, I had so much fun. Just think, if Joe were reliable this never would have happened. You really should thank him Duane instead of busting his ba!!$. I'm ready to run this back ASAP, you guys know the Friday, keep me posted. No weekends no holidays. I've spoiled myself with the 4-day workweek but you guys seem to be a little less servile to your employers than than Skip. Welcome on my boat anytime. Let's do this, Chrisper needs a hog and the colder it gets the better it gets.

And hey...let's just clarify that I was 6 minutes from my house when I realized I forgot the rods (and have NEVER done that before in my life) but that extra 12 minutes round trip was enough to build-up 45 minutes of DC traffic. Still, not going to complain seeing that I live just over an hour from the launch these days. I've decided next time we just hit the water in the dark and fish off the downtown spots until the sun comes up then push upstream to beat traffic. Don't care about going home just want to get on the water in the AM without hassles.
I told that overgrown weirdo, no great fishing trip ever starts with everything going as planned! The day of my 50" musky, i forgot my rods too! only time ever! and i once got in my kayak without a paddle and didn't realize til i had fished floating down stream for about 10 minutes HAHAHA slayed the pike that day, after i pulled myself onto the shore and waded back to the launch
Old 10-19-2022, 05:59 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisper4694 View Post
next time get your lazy ass up and grab the rod... how your laziness and overall snail-like movement speed finally fell in your favor, i'll never understand!!!
jealousy is the sincerest form of flattery
Old 10-20-2022, 08:25 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

awesome, that's a lot of cats. congrats on the huuuuge one where do i book a trip ?
Old 10-20-2022, 04:01 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Book a trip through Joe Santiago.
Old 10-21-2022, 08:23 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishonthelake View Post
Book a trip through Joe Santiago.
HAHAHAHAHA

Santiago Guide Booking Service Inc.

www.Hobokenhookersguideexperience.com

"pack your bags!....but not too tightly"
Old 10-21-2022, 08:41 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Oh gee whizz, maybe I’ll book a trip. Where do I send the deposit???