NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Walleye surprise on the cong - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 04-11-2021, 10:18 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Walleye surprise on the cong

I went out on the big pond in search of crappie yesterday. I started trolling with ijg -n-bobbers out the back of the canoe and was casting a roadrunner in front of the canoe searching for el crapo when a slime dart slams my road runner first fish of the day great thought this is going to be one of those days. About fifteen minutes later i get slammed again and thought it was another slime dart and was very surprised to see a 23" walleye one the end of the line. figures the walleyes are closed so that fish went right back in to fight another day. I finally find the crappies and they were hard to get the wind picked up and made trolling difficult so i left that spot to fish another spot but i did manage to get 4 crappies there one of them was 14". I get to spot #2 and the wind was not as bad. I met another old town canoe fisherman and we went searching for more crappies we eventually found some to play with and called it the day just before it got dark. Since that cold front rolled through last week the bite has been off just a bit. I ended up with 10 crappies 6 white perch 2 slime darts 4 sunnies 1yellow perch and that surprise walleye, my first of the year. It turned out to be a good day after all usually if i get a slime dart as first fish of the day it does not go well.
Old 04-11-2021, 03:54 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Walleye surprise on the cong

Sounds like an action packed day considering you caught the cursed Slime Dart as the first fish. Walleye are starting to chew. Getting close, real close! Yes sir!
Old 04-11-2021, 04:23 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Walleye surprise on the cong

you see the chain pickerel gave you good luck, you must accept them as a higher-tier fish now. Stop the pickerel hate! LOL congrats on the nice walleye!
Old 04-11-2021, 05:05 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmyorke1 View Post
you see the chain pickerel gave you good luck, you must accept them as a higher-tier fish now. Stop the pickerel hate! LOL congrats on the nice walleye!
STOP THE SLIME DART HATE.. NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRR they are the baine of my existence. lol
Old 04-12-2021, 05:48 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

way to go Badger,congrats on the 1st eye,i'm sure there will be more to come.
Old 04-12-2021, 03:40 PM
Site Sponsor

You fishing the contest lol ? you will be wishing for a beautiful slime dart come this weekend! I’m planning to fish with the spread going
Rvta member
Knee Deep member
Mike K Guide Service (owner)
https://www.facebook.com/MikeKGuideService/
(908 642-5423
Old 04-12-2021, 08:13 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey topaz View Post
You fishing the contest lol ? you will be wishing for a beautiful slime dart come this weekend! I’m planning to fish with the spread going
You are a funny guy capt mikey i hope you get that big trout as for me i will be after el crapo i need to find one over 14.5" or better i know they are out there. I just tied some jigs to help me in my quest.
Old 04-14-2021, 12:25 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Badger, I had a great time fishing with you the other day as I learned some new to me skills and caught my first open water crappie. Again I want to thank you for the invite to tag along. Wish you the best on your quest for the elusive 14.5 incher. I hope to see you again on the big pond.

Raptor