NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Crappie time! 4/3/21 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 04-04-2021, 01:04 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Crappie time! 4/3/21

Been itching to get on the Crappie bite after reading all the reports. Headed up to the big pond yesterday and man it was cold. Water temp went down a lot since last weekend according to my contacts. Tried every spot known to man in the AM. Couldn’t find anything good except for 1 lonely Perch. First mate Mikey Topaz and I head for the other side of the lake and spot some anglers hopefully on the fish. We see them reel up one and set up on anchor. It’s mugging time. It took all morning into the afternoon to get a bite going but we finally got on some good fish. Jig-n-bobber with a white mister twister got all the bites for me. The other guys close by using live bait weren’t doing as good as the jigs were. Good times on the lake with a Crappie dinner coming up! YEA BUDDY!

Been bouncing around the RR as well picking up some average Smallies here and there. Haven’t located anything big yet but it should be game on once that water temp goes up a few more degrees. The fish will be moving up any day now for sure. TIGHT LINEZ!!!

Last edited by FASTEDDIE29; 04-04-2021 at 01:09 PM..
Old 04-04-2021, 01:59 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Crappie time! 4/3/21

Glad to see you finally found them, i only got the one were you saw me and then i had to get to dows for the kdc trout stocking event. some real nice size fish went in and one ten pound fish for the Ron Ballard memorial contest on the 18th of April... This week looks to be warmer lets hope that gets things back to were they were before the cold snap last friday. I was out again today and only got one perch in the morning.
Old 04-04-2021, 02:37 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Crappies!! Lets go!!!
Old 04-04-2021, 03:18 PM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebadger View Post
Glad to see you finally found them, i only got the one were you saw me and then i had to get to dows for the kdc trout stocking event. some real nice size fish went in and one ten pound fish for the Ron Ballard memorial contest on the 18th of April... This week looks to be warmer lets hope that gets things back to were they were before the cold snap last friday. I was out again today and only got one perch in the morning.
Tell me more about this ten pound brown 😍
Rvta member
Knee Deep member
Mike K Guide Service (owner)
https://www.facebook.com/MikeKGuideService/
(908 642-5423
Old 04-04-2021, 03:37 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

The club bought a large breeder size trout from the musky trout hatchery in honor of Ron ballard who was one of our trustees in the knee deep club who passed away last year. He was one of the trustees that helped to get the veterans on the lake event started. we have that event in the summer to take our veterans fishing and have a barbecue afterwards as away of saying thanks to our armed forces for all they do for our great nation. Ronnie will be missed by us all he was a good man. the family took this fish by it self after all the other trout were stocked and put it in the lake, it was the last fish to go in.
Old 04-04-2021, 06:48 PM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebadger View Post
The club bought a large breeder size trout from the musky trout hatchery in honor of Ron ballard who was one of our trustees in the knee deep club who passed away last year. He was one of the trustees that helped to get the veterans on the lake event started. we have that event in the summer to take our veterans fishing and have a barbecue afterwards as away of saying thanks to our armed forces for all they do for our great nation. Ronnie will be missed by us all he was a good man. the family took this fish by it self after all the other trout were stocked and put it in the lake, it was the last fish to go in.
I didn’t know him dammit, wish I did sounds like a great man that will be missed!
Hopefully I can find that bad boy with the spread at the pickerel/trout contest
Rvta member
Knee Deep member
Mike K Guide Service (owner)
https://www.facebook.com/MikeKGuideService/
(908 642-5423
Old 04-04-2021, 08:41 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey topaz View Post
I didn’t know him dammit, wish I did sounds like a great man that will be missed!
Hopefully I can find that bad boy with the spread at the pickerel/trout contest
IF anybody can find that trout it would be you capt mikey and the black mamba, you seem to have the trout in a lake dialed in.. You are more than likely going to have to troll for it don't think you can jig that big fish up.
Old 04-05-2021, 05:03 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

nice Eddie,good eats
Old 04-05-2021, 08:11 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

nice crappie and solid SMBs!