NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

DRYFT waders? - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 03-27-2020, 03:10 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default DRYFT waders?

It’s time to replace my waders and I was wondering if anyone has put DRYFT waders through their paces? Would you recommend them?
Old 03-27-2020, 06:42 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Re: DRYFT waders?

If I was going to buy new waders, DRYFT, I would look at Frog Togs. Prob one of the best sites for waders IMO

Don't tread on me.

All men die, few ever really live
Old 03-27-2020, 06:46 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Never touched drift?? Or Patagonia... but look at both..
I'm still four seasons into pro-lines with kick ass korker boots wit da spin dial metal wire dealio ....f-in love em🤫
Old 03-27-2020, 09:48 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

If you wear hip boots/waders ontop of stocking foot waders, you wont have to worry about durability against thorns and other wear-n-tear on the waterproofness of the stocking foot waders.

You will have to poke a hole somewhere just above the calf area of the hip boots tho, since those will eventually leak somewhere. That way if you are bothered by them filling up with water while walking, you can just raise your leg up and have them drain.

Ive been doing this for a couple months and my stockingfoot waders havent been touched by any of the thousand thorns ive walked through the cheap PVC hip boots have shielded them.
Old 03-27-2020, 09:55 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I'm 2 seasons into simms breathables stocking foot. They're money. Got em on sale w the boots for $300. Frogs ass baby...water tight! Easy to seal tiny leaks and small tears if needed too with aquaseal UV. I keep a tube and small bottle of rubbing alcohol in the car in case I spring a leak in the future. It dries and cures in a couple minutes with sunlight exposure.
Old 04-08-2020, 05:00 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

So I couldnt get the Dryft waders, as they are out of stock until Late April/May. I figured, since I wanted another rain jacket, why not buy a Dryft wading jacket and see what the quality is like. The build quality is easily comparable to my Simms jackets, the features of the Dryft jacket are actually superior, and at 1/2 the cost of Simms!

I am going to give the Dryft waders a try when they are in stock and I will report back when I get them and after I have put time in water.
Old 04-09-2020, 10:58 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by krob8979 View Post
If I was going to buy new waders, DRYFT, I would look at Frog Togs. Prob one of the best sites for waders IMO
I picked up a pair of Frogg Togg Pilot II waders last year. I really like them and if you check the Sierra Trading Post website they have them on sale often. I was able to pick my pair up for only $79!
Old 04-10-2020, 09:10 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

A quick report on the jacket, I went out to fish the South Branch yesterday in Clinton. Like a jack*** I ignore the signs Mother Nature was giving me and fished anyway. 20 minutes in, standing in the middle of the river, the heavens opened up raining so hard I could see 10’, lightning streaking across the sky and winds that snapped off branches and toppled trees. I zipped up, put up the hood and fished through it. That jacket is outstanding, kept the wind and water out and was surprisingly warm for an uninsulated jacket. The fit and quality easily match my Simms jackets, and the features are actually better than Simms.

I ordered the waders, should have them in early next week. Now I have to put some time in to see if the durability is there.