NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Night bite - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 06-15-2018, 01:03 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Night bite

Been working crazy hours lately but found an opening to get the boat wet earlier in the week. Watched a very green/yellow radar all day but luckily the precipitation line moved just enough south to launch and not get too wet. Launched around 1030pm to a ghost town of a lake, just how I like it. Action was slow off the bat but picked up as the night went on. No monsters, but good action from Walleyes to 22" and Hybrids to 22" as well. The usual spring assortment of lures did the trick with a few coming on violent topwater explosions. Stuck around til 330am and left them biting. Nothing better than unhooking the boat as the birds are chirping and sun rising, but that's zombie fishing .

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek
Old 06-15-2018, 01:15 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Night bite

nice going!!! its been great fishing this year and the nite bite is not to shabby
either.
Old 06-15-2018, 01:45 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

When you guys fish the nite bite for the hybrids are you fishing the main open water of the lake or are they in the shallows in coves? I have ever fished it before and I am wondering if it is something I can do in my kayak.
Old 06-15-2018, 01:56 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by akoop View Post
When you guys fish the nite bite for the hybrids are you fishing the main open water of the lake or are they in the shallows in coves? I have ever fished it before and I am wondering if it is something I can do in my kayak.
They push the herring close to shore, but not necessarily shallow. I was out with MikeyTopaz and JimmyLiveBait a few weeks ago and we found them busting on surface herring in 32ft of water near a dropoff on the main lake. Pretty much just listen for action. If its quiet, keep moving. If you hear bricks being thrown into the water, start casting.

P.S.: you 100% can use your yak. I wouldnt do Lake Hopatcong on a friday or Saturday night, but one of the 9.9 lakes, or one of the big lakes during the week, and you'll be good and not get run over lol.

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro

Last edited by Skunk City; 06-15-2018 at 01:58 PM..
Old 06-15-2018, 02:16 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk City View Post
They push the herring close to shore, but not necessarily shallow. I was out with MikeyTopaz and JimmyLiveBait a few weeks ago and we found them busting on surface herring in 32ft of water near a dropoff on the main lake. Pretty much just listen for action. If its quiet, keep moving. If you hear bricks being thrown into the water, start casting.

P.S.: you 100% can use your yak. I wouldnt do Lake Hopatcong on a friday or Saturday night, but one of the 9.9 lakes, or one of the big lakes during the week, and you'll be good and not get run over lol.
Great, thanks for the info.
Old 06-15-2018, 02:40 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Nicely Done there Roberto! Did the zombie thing at Spruce with the vampire of the Raritan last week. Got there around 11:30 and they were bitin until about 4... a little sun glare on the ride home and put the boat way in straight up daylight. It is definitely a cool thing to do! The Vampires fish looks bigger cause he's smaller than me...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wiper 2 Night Bite 06 2018.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	123903   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wiper Night Bite Jigman 06 2018.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	123904  
Old 06-15-2018, 04:28 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcritch View Post
Nicely Done there Roberto! Did the zombie thing at Spruce with the vampire of the Raritan last week. Got there around 11:30 and they were bitin until about 4... a little sun glare on the ride home and put the boat way in straight up daylight. It is definitely a cool thing to do! The Vampires fish looks bigger cause he's smaller than me...
Hahahaha! Well played Ken. Well played.

Nice fish Rob!
Old 06-15-2018, 05:52 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcritch View Post
Nice work boys! I've been talking to Jeremy about getting down there before the night bite is toast!

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Old 06-16-2018, 09:02 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Nice job all around guys.

Was out Thursday night till midnight and it was really slow. Hybrids were busting right at the shoreline but we couldn't get them to commit. Chris got a 20" eye and a pocket sized hybrid.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:19 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I've had to venture away from my go-to nite bite lures a bit this season for some reason. I'll get a few fish on the magic bait then dead. Switch it up and boom! Where I've been fishing the water level is at full pool and the fish are predominantly crushing bait under the over hanging trees/brush. lures aren't spending a lot of time in primary or even secondary strike zone areas making for less consistent catching and lots of work. I've also experienced way more short strikes/bumps this yr vs yrs prior--merely an observation...

I think we have a few more weeks left due to the sporadic start we had...