NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Spinning rod to match with Saragosa 6000 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk Use this board to talk about Bait and Tackle and see offers from our Bait and Tackle Sponsors

Old 06-24-2019, 01:37 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Spinning rod to match with Saragosa 6000

I am looking into purchasing a new spinning rod to match with my Saragosa 6000. I have a Jigging World Black Widow 150 that is great for most of the smaller fish that I fish for, but I would like something with a little more backbone that would be geared toward bigger fish like blackfish or striped bass. I was looking at the Black Hole Challenger Bank 761MH or the 731H. Does anyone have experience with these rods that would like to offer an opinion? Where is the best place to purchase the rods? I have had a difficult time finding them in stock at most places I've looked (online). I was also looking at the Jigging World Night Ranger Nano 731S-MH. I have a conventional version and love it. Are there any other spinning rods that I should be considering?
Old 06-26-2019, 09:33 AM
Owner NJFishing.com

Default Re: Spinning rod to match with Saragosa 6000

I fish the 731M spinning for just about everything inshore from Jigging Fluke and Blackfish to casting plugs and live lining Bunker for Stripers... It's plenty of rod for that, maybe even overkill since I know several guys fishing the 701L. I saw Will Hoffmam land a 40 lb plus Striper on his.

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area
Old 06-28-2019, 05:07 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Spinning rod to match with Saragosa 6000

I use a 731 M and 801 M conventional for blackfish. More than enough backbone blackfish and stripers. The spinning rod are built on the same blanks. You can buy them direct from Kil Song (Black Hole USA) at https://jignpop.com/.

I also have the 691 UL spinner that I've been using for everything. It's a lot of fun landing fish with this thing.