NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Passiac fever! - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 07-20-2017, 01:22 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Passiac fever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23cardinal View Post
No no. I'm fishing above the industrial part. Fairfield and above. It gets runoff, but no industrial waste. It's literally down the block from my job(livingston) runs around my way home (280) and then where I grew up(Lincoln park)
Any further down and I might get a tail
there is only a very small section of the begining of that river that doesn't have 'treated' water dumped into it...you ever smell that water. smells like a chemical bomb from a porta-jon hahaha. fish don't mind it at least.
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54
Old 07-20-2017, 02:08 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisper4694 View Post
there is only a very small section of the begining of that river that doesn't have 'treated' water dumped into it...you ever smell that water. smells like a chemical bomb from a porta-jon hahaha. fish don't mind it at least.
Oh absolutely. Buddies dad worked at the Fairfield plant after he came home from desert storm. He said same thing, the way they treAt the water is nuts.

Boat is for that river. I'll dunk my self or my kayak in the pq, or a lot the cleaner ones up here, but every RBI g below pompton lake is boat only
Old 07-20-2017, 02:26 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I launched once at a spot in passaic. Almost reconsidered when I saw were I planned to park, lol.

Motored upstream and it was kinda fast and shallow. Good smallie water, caught a few. Went downstream along some factories and the water was bubbling for no reason and all the bubbles looked like soap (oily)...... Stunk too. Anyway, didn't catch anything there and thoroughly washed the boat, and myself, when I got home, lol.......
Old 07-20-2017, 06:34 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Passiac fever!

Looks like you've been busy my brother! Nice, nice mixed bag of fish right there!!!
Old 07-21-2017, 11:29 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisper4694 View Post
saw the title and thought someone finally caught a weird disease from that river! Don't get the water in your mouth! hahaha
Haha, thought the same thing! The trick is to just do shots of it, over time...until you build up the immunity. Don't go guzzling that dank drank all at once!

Cardinal, I was on the opposite side of Monksville last Saturday night (7/15) and same thing...herring dancing all over without much on them. I too actually snagged a herring on a rebel stickbait. One rock bass beat the skunk for me. Had that side of the lake to myself except for all of the bats flying around.

Nice mix on the other bodies of water.

Last edited by Fred E. Goose; 07-21-2017 at 12:48 PM..