NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Ramapo Report - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 04-28-2017, 07:47 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Ramapo Report

I hadn't had a chance to get out for trout yet this season and had some time today so I hit the Ramapo. Got a late start and wasn't on the water til after 10AM, clouds had burned off and it was BRIGHT. Water was up but clear. First spot was my go to spot in Mahwah, really slow, picked up only a dink in the first hour +, moved around and finally connected on a solid 16 inch Rainbow on a worm. Caught 2 more dinks and 1 decent stockie on a spinner, overall super slow, expected more. Decided to head back down 202 to Oakland and I spot I've fished a bunch of times. Now its 3 o clock already and standing in the river for hours had the 50 year body aching!, was a good decision as action was good here as I connected for 6 more, mostly cookie cutters but a few 12s, good fights on the UL. Sorry guys, no pics. Nice day on the water.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:49 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Ramapo Report

Nice to see a SLAM-A-PO report ! Ever since Shrimpman moved to Fahloridah we don't get many reports from that area. Sounds like a good day.
I think North Jersey Trout Unlimited is pretty active in that area. If things look a mess drop them a line.