NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Bass fishing from Summer into Fall - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 08-30-2015, 10:44 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Bass fishing from Summer into Fall

Looking to discuss changes one would see in northern half of New Jersey ponds and lakes in terms of vegetational growth (and all the other floating green stuff and algae) and how that affects bass fishing for the shoreline fisherperson. I just took up bass fishing over the summer and fished a lot of spots. Being I was fishing from shore, I encountered a lot of vegetation more times than not. From watching others and research I opted to use Texas and wacky rigged senkos and worked them around the vegetation and caught a decent number of bass (as well as pickerel encounters I will address in another post). I did not have many opportunities to work cast out and reel-in lures unless there were clear patches or lanes for me to cast into. So for the most part, I was working around some kind of vegeational material. Anyway, as Fall arrives would anyone care to share what I might expect to see as to changes in the lakes and ponds and how I may have to change my shoreline fishing strategy?
Old 08-30-2015, 10:56 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Bass fishing from Summer into Fall

As the water cools you won't see the masses of algae, but the pads, pickerel weed, grass and other vegetation will largely still be around until late fall. So I don't see your tactics changing much.
Old 08-30-2015, 11:04 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Bass fishing from Summer into Fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by briansnat View Post
As the water cools you won't see the masses of algae, but the pads, pickerel weed, grass and other vegetation will largely still be around until late fall. So I don't see your tactics changing much.
Agreed. As vegetation starts to die off, the remaining green vegetation will be what holds fish. Once the water starts to get cooler fishing in midday will be more productive. In very late fall fish will come up shallow to warm up during the day.
Cause on a day like today there's one place I gotta be:
GONE FISHIN'

Fishing with LardAlmighty on YouTube