NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Opening day near death experience - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 04-04-2015, 07:54 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Opening day near death experience

First off, worst opening day in my 5 years of doing it haha. I got one cutter, my buddy got 2. My wife's uncle came all the way from Vermont cause of the tagged bruisers pics I've been showing him from past 3 years opening days. He caught 1 cutter haha. Father in law lost 2 caught none.

Didn't see much caught, River was fast but not high and muddy but clearing as day went on. Wind messed up anything you wanted to do with the light lures or slow movement.

Anyway, when I was exploring hitting each good spot for a few minutes each I leapfrogged one guy who was set up and I hear really loud pops...I'm like what is that I'm looking around and wood starts exploding off a huge tree. The whole thing was coming down! I yell heads up watch out but the guy didn't even look or move haha. Thankfully missed him but only by about 5-10 yards... And right in the last spot I fished... Wow, 5 minutes sooner I would've had to dive in or something. If it happened in the morning when it was packed before everyone gave up...someone would've been in that hole ...
Old 04-04-2015, 08:00 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Opening day near death experience

Timing is everything, should of got some lottery tickets on the way home!
Old 04-05-2015, 06:36 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

yea can def see that with the winds yesterday and of course today is perfect lol but i was parked in a pull off and a nice sized ten foot limb and some smaller ones fell a foot in front of my front bumper and all around the side of my car some how leaving it with out a scratch
Old 04-05-2015, 08:19 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Haha got my vengeance on that river today...try to throw a tree on me!? Nice try! I'll post the report when I get the pics emailed to me
Old 04-06-2015, 01:10 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Man Chris,

I hate to see what did you do to that river that it decided to start throwing trees at you. LoL

Be careful out there.

Andre
Old 04-06-2015, 01:20 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

hey we only took 4 cookie cutters out of there before it threw the tree at me! after that my wife's uncle and me went back and put a beating on those trout including 2 tagged pigs! couldn't have done it without his vermont fly fishing experience, glad he came down for the weekend! still waiting for him to send the pics.