NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

RV Back to Back!!!! - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 07-15-2013, 08:07 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default RV Back to Back!!!!

Met up with Jimmy the Greek for a little change of scenery for him at the Valley. We got on the water about 6:30am and set up the downriggers with cowbells and spoons. Both downriggers set up with stackers hoping to give em' plenty to choose from. Trolled for a while and finally slam, FISH ON!
We didn't realize till after the fact that the release's were set a little tight but this fish popped it no problem and was thumping pretty good! With high expectations of a beauty Jimmy went to clear the other rod and POP! she was GONE!!! OH WELL that's fishing. We kept at it and ended up with a rainbow and a brown for the day. Always Great FISHING with Jimmy as usual. Never a dull moment and a ton of laughs when we get together!
We wrapped it up and I was home by 6:30pm.
Had a bite to eat , a power nap, rigged to boat and my daughter and I had our baits in the water by 10:30pm
First spot produced zilch! So after giving it about 45 min we made the move further back and dropped anchors again. This time we found them and ended up with 15 Rainbows 3 rock bass and 2 bluegills. We wrapped it up and was home by 4:30am. Big difference between day and night. Here's a couple pics as well! Two for the griil !!!!!
All fish released except for the two we kept.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fish3.JPG
Views:	378
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	61500   Click image for larger version

Name:	fish4.JPG
Views:	344
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	61501  

Last edited by GetANet; 07-15-2013 at 08:13 PM..
Old 07-15-2013, 08:27 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: RV Back to Back!!!!

Talk about hardcore. When this guy fishes he fishes for 24 hours straight. Now that's how you GIT-R-DONE!!!! Great job brotha! Your the man!!!
Old 07-15-2013, 09:15 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: RV Back to Back!!!!

RV Rainbows, best eating freshwater fish in New Jersey.

Way to beat it up !
Old 07-16-2013, 09:27 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: RV Back to Back!!!!

Like Eddie said...That's hard core fishing dude. Nicely done. Haven't been on RV in a couple years now....can't use my 25HP and it's just too big for my trolling motor to get around....been caught out there a couple times when the wind kicks up and it aint fun.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:12 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I was out there last night, didn't tap into any frenzy bite but we had a fairly steady bite all night. Only boated 2 rainbows, but had about 10 rock bass, 6 bluegills and 1 eel. Perhaps we should have searched around more. Definitely could have had another few rainbows though since we had quite a few swing and misses.

Awesome reports though! RV rainbows at night on a boat in July = PERFECT. There is nothing more relaxing
Old 07-16-2013, 02:43 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Was good fishing with you Dale, havent been to RV in a while. Between the windy cold and rain in the AM and the blazing sun kicking in by noon it was tuff conditions. Even a boatride in the RV bahamas water is nice whether im catching fish or not. Nice job on going back and doing the nite bite, u prob fished right where we marked the school on the way out lol!
Old 07-16-2013, 07:11 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thanks guys! It's a little easier when your with somebody to do those trips!
My daughter is pretty hardcore as well cause she's right next to me and has developed quite a hookset!!! I laugh every time cause she looks like she gonna pull the drain plug out of the bottom of the lake!!! LOL And she immediately knows if it's a trout or not! And she's usually right!

Jimmy always a GREAT TIME with you BUDDY!!! We'll get that one next time!!!!

Best advice I can give is if your not catching after 30-45 min. is MOVE!
Some nights I drop once sometimes five or more and that doesn't always work either but i'd rather keep searching if nothing is happening!
I use two lights as well one submersible and a 55 watt halogen that I attached to a 4ft. pvc and it works great! Lights up both the boat and the water!

Anyone who would like to join me is more than welcome to come along and i'll show you how I do it!!! Pm me anytime!!!!