NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Big Jamaica fiasco - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing Use this board to post all general salt water fishing information. Please use the appropriate boards below for all other information. General information about sailing times, charter availability and open boats trips can be found and should be posted in the open boat forum.

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 07:26 PM
Owner NJFishing.com

Default Big Jamaica Post

The initial post was taken down because it was turning into a circus.

TD feel free to assert your concerns here again on this post and Tony, feel free to address them as well.

All others, if you weren't there then let the people who were sort this out.

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area

Last edited by Gerry Zagorski; 02-11-2013 at 08:48 AM..
Old 02-10-2013, 07:40 PM
Banned

Default Re: Big Jamaica Post

Was a circus when it started, Gerry, shouldnt have taken 18 hours to be taken down!
Old 02-10-2013, 07:52 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Joe
Was a circus when it started, Gerry, shouldnt have taken 18 hours to be taken down!

Could not disgree more. Censor the A$$hole$ not the information. I am a big J2 fan, but this forum is to provide information to the fishing community that utilizes it and supports, hopefully, the sponsors. Agree or disagree postitive and negative reports apply. If people take it to an inappropriate level censor them, do not enforce the penalty to everyone else who may actually gather what they deem to be valuable information from a forum post.

Capt Joe - you are well spoken and outspoken. Take the opportunity to set the record straight about the post and those on the site who value the honest input of the capt. will know what rings the truest.

Removal of the post only enforces the notion that negative posts will be pulled if it affects someone in the "club". Not implying, in any way, that to be true, but the perception is difficult to overide, as perception is reality to many.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:55 PM
Administrator

I will say one last thing being a business owner myself. You can't please all the people all of the time. But it seems to me with a packed boat they are pleasing most of the people most of the time. That's good business and he won't lose my fare for one post.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:00 PM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwstand
Could not disgree more. Censor the A$$hole$ not the information. I am a big J2 fan, but this forum is to provide information to the fishing community that utilizes it and supports, hopefully, the sponsors. Agree or disagree postitive and negative reports apply. If people take it to an inappropriate level censor them, do not enforce the penalty to everyone else who may actually gather what they deem to be valuable information from a forum post.

Capt Joe - you are well spoken and outspoken. Take the opportunity to set the record straight about the post and those on the site who value the honest input of the capt. will know what rings the truest.

Removal of the post only enforces the notion that negative posts will be pulled if it affects someone in the "club". Not implying, in any way, that to be true, but the perception is difficult to overide, as perception is reality to many.
Were I or someone else from the boat able to reply early on I would agree (and have never shied away from posting my own opinions for sure!) but this was a flat out lie from minute one. Not 60 people on board, not 58 people, NOT EVEN A FULL TRIP OF 55!! (let alone "closer to 100" like was LIED about in the original thread) Only FIFTY people on a FIFTY FIVE PERSON TRIP and this guy just keeps on lying and the haters pile on throughout the thread. The best thing was take it down. If I had been around today I could have nipped this in the bud much earlier (could have called Howard on the single side-band early today like I did and asked for the count but did not know this thread existed)

The truth is now known and there are people on board who post here that can confirm that there were only FIFTY people on the boat. This was a joke with wild assumptions, people jumping on a topic (which would be fine if it were true) without actually knowing what was going on.

Thank you Gerry for doing the right thing and allowing us to start from a position of FACT and not unfounded accusations that prove to be 100% FALSE.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:00 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Wow,

Gerry just posts that we should continue the discussion here and now my post gets pulled?

Money talks.

Good thing the thread only had 4,000 views so no one will know what goes on lol
Old 02-10-2013, 08:02 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs down Re: Big Jamaica Post

TD feel free to assert your concerns here again on this post and Tony, feel free to address them as well.

Gerry, you invited TD to respond, he did, then you ripped it down. wtf? I was looking forward to this getting settled.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:08 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDaly25
Wow,

Gerry just posts that we should continue the discussion here and now my post gets pulled?

Money talks.

Good thing the thread only had 4,000 views so no one will know what goes on lol

My second point played out here. Do not know the full drama, I gave up on the post early this morning, but the perspective of those who read now is tainted.

Capt Joe - perfectly stated... BS is BS those who read the Capt's post can not make a judgement. I for one have my faith in the owner and his crew, no benefit to lying about it...too easy to get called out. Thanks for the info, I for one appreciate it.... The truth is always the truth and F*(* the idiots who choose to blur reality with only partial facts. The fact he never bothered to communicate with the crew is his perogative, to not do so and express and opinion jaded with half truths is a totally different critter!

Thanks for all you do Capt. Joe!
Old 02-10-2013, 08:11 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Gee I was just stating how surprised I was that there was a headcount that showed such a small number of fisherman on the trip.

I guess if there is any testimony from any truly independent fares stating how comfortable they were on the trip and how much room they all had that will be a big surprise too.

Who knows, maybe another complete stranger will express surprise at how few people there were on board for such a beautiful day. Cant see that coming either.

It's ok, there is such a thing as Karma and I'm a firm believer that everyone and everything eventually gets what's coming to them.

The whole thing would actually be funny if it didn't involve people being pis*d on and then being told it was raining.

Let's see how long this takes to be pulled
Old 02-10-2013, 08:16 PM
Owner NJFishing.com

The truth talks TD.... Are you still asserting there were " closer to 100 people on board". If so then either you can't count or you are accusing Tony Bogan of lying. Pick one and state your case with facts.

As far as people smoking in the cabin including the crew, if this was the case, I would assume Howard and Tony want to know about this sort of stuff and address it.

Let's stick to the facts here.

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area

Last edited by Gerry Zagorski; 02-10-2013 at 08:30 PM..
Closed Thread