NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Fall Stocking Biting or not? - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 10-15-2011, 10:40 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Fall Stocking Biting or not?

Well what's the verdict are the fall stocked trout biting or do they have lockjaw?
Old 10-16-2011, 08:48 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Thumbs down Re: Fall Stocking Biting or not?

LOCK F***ING JAW MAN I FISHED 2 DIFFERENT PLACES ON THE SOUTH BRANCH TODAY INCLUDING KEN LOCKWOOD GORGE (WHERE I CAUGHT 7 FISH IN THE SPRING AND A 16 INCH BROOKIE IN THE DEAD OF WINTER) AND HAD NOTHING BUT ONE BITE AND LOST 5 LURES, HAD A BROKEN CLICKER ON THE REEL AND AND MISSING TIP INSERT ON THE ROD. I SWEAR THEY DIDNT STOCK IT WORST DAY TROUT FISHING EVER!!!!!!
Old 10-16-2011, 11:37 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Fall Stocking Biting or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crustyangler17
LOCK F***ING JAW MAN I FISHED 2 DIFFERENT PLACES ON THE SOUTH BRANCH TODAY INCLUDING KEN LOCKWOOD GORGE (WHERE I CAUGHT 7 FISH IN THE SPRING AND A 16 INCH BROOKIE IN THE DEAD OF WINTER) AND HAD NOTHING BUT ONE BITE AND LOST 5 LURES, HAD A BROKEN CLICKER ON THE REEL AND AND MISSING TIP INSERT ON THE ROD. I SWEAR THEY DIDNT STOCK IT WORST DAY TROUT FISHING EVER!!!!!!
Wow! It must have been bad for you to yell like that!
Cause on a day like today there's one place I gotta be:
GONE FISHIN'

Fishing with LardAlmighty on YouTube
Old 10-16-2011, 11:39 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by crustyangler17
Watched them stock, they went straight to High Bridge from Hoffmans crossing so unless there was another truck or something they did not.

Last edited by flatcreek; 10-17-2011 at 11:37 AM..
Old 10-18-2011, 01:51 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

It's been a brutal fall season between work and home, but I finally got a chance to get out today. I was struggling to decide between trout and salt water, and when I checked the stocking schedule, I had to try the river.

First stop was a Somerset County stream that's often overlooked. I tried one of my never-fail pools, which worked out okay. In the 60 degree water, this little brown fought like a champ.

Picked at a few similar fish and a couple fallfish and moved on to the SBR. On the drive through Califon I found a parade of cars following the stocking truck. Literally 10 card were in pursuit of the truck. I headed up to Hoffman's. Before long the truck came by and dropped a few nets of fat rainbows off the bridge. I C&R’d a bunch of these obviously confused fish before moving on.

Last stop of the day was another small creek in Hunterdon County which was running very high but still gave up some small trout. All in all, not a bad day.

Last edited by Super; 10-18-2011 at 02:05 PM..