NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Clark's Pond/Rainbow Lake 7/16 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 07-16-2011, 03:12 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Clark's Pond/Rainbow Lake 7/16

We hit Clark's Pond this morning. We got on the water around 4:45 am. We started out thrwing topwaters. We caught a few fish until the worst possible thing happened. A tournament started taking place. Not the size of lake a tournament should even take place on. So we got off the lake at 6:15 am. We had 4 pickeral and bass. Big fish was a 2lb. pickeral. So we headed off to Rainbow hoping to catch the end of the topwater bite.

When we got to Rainbow, we realized something. We had made the wrong move. Another tournament was taking place. I thought to myself "This is just ridiculous". We started fishing around 7:00 am. I threw topwater and the old man threw a Mr. Twister. He caught a few fish so I switched over. However, it quickly slowed down. We caught 8 sunfish,white perch,and pickeral before we left at 9:45 am. Even with the tough conditions, I think the lake has really slowed down. Suprised we couldn't find any crappies.

Overall a tough day. 12 mixed fish in 4 hours on 2 different lakes. Now, I had no problem with the tournament anglers themselves. They were courteous and didn't do anything spiteful. However, I think lakes as small as Rainbow and Clark's shouldn't have tournaments IMO. Please don't give me any of that "You gotta take the pressure and outfish them" bullcrap. I like freshwater fishing especially because Im not dealing with people all day and the peace that comes from it. When a tournament comes to town, I lose that sense of peace.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:58 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Clark's Pond/Rainbow Lake 7/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFISH13
When a tournament comes to town, I lose that sense of peace.

Wow, you "caught" two tournaments on two different lakes...impressive.

I have gone to Assunpink several times facing the same situation...to fish or go somewhere else??? 7 out of 10 times I have faced the challenge and fared ok; however, if there is a large # of boats fishing a small body of water, time to find "fresh" water. The three or so times I made the long drive there, man there was a ~30 min wait to launch (long line of boats/trailers) and time for plan B to take effect, immediately.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:45 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Clark's Pond/Rainbow Lake 7/16

Yeah Assunpink is doable with a tournament. Rainbow or Clark's isn't .