NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Lake Assunpink 7/13 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 07-13-2011, 07:07 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Lake Assunpink 7/13

Hit Assunpink for a fairly short time today. We fished from 10:00 am to 1:30 pm. We immediately headed for the hump. With the cloud cover we had, I threw topwaters and the old man jigged for crappies. Once we got on them, we both started jigging for crappies. Did pick up a couple dinks on topwater and missed some blowups. The crappies were stacked up in there pretty good and we had bass,pickeral,sunfish, and yellow perch in the mix too. We had 51 fish between the 2 of us. Not a bad day at all. Plan on heading back there late in the afternoon tommorow to fish the evening bite. Topwater at midday was defintely a good sign for tommorow evening. Finally, thank you again Lunkertaker. Besides throwing topwaters for bass and pickeral there, would have never known it was such a stellar spot.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:14 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Lake Assunpink 7/13

got them biting off the hump...awesome

Where where the freshwater bluefish? biting as usual there or submerged?

bet you guys went the back way in and not across the lunar surface...oooouch!

For those going there...dont go in the main entrance as it is worth the extra drive to go the back way till "they" fix the road near the shooting ranges
Old 07-13-2011, 08:19 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunkertaker
got them biting off the hump...awesome

Where where the freshwater bluefish? biting as usual there or submerged?

bet you guys went the back way in and not across the lunar surface...oooouch!

For those going there...dont go in the main entrance as it is worth the extra drive to go the back way till "they" fix the road near the shooting ranges
Pickeral were all on jigs(they love them, why I use a 10 lb. shock leader). None slashed at my Heddon though. Yes we took the road in . The other "entrance" will never get fixed, I am sure of this. Tommorow afternoon should be good.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:35 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFISH13
Pickeral were all on jigs(they love them, why I use a 10 lb. shock leader). None slashed at my Heddon though. Yes we took the road in . The other "entrance" will never get fixed, I am sure of this. Tommorow afternoon should be good.
"They" have fixed it in the past and every year my maiden trip is down the straight and not so narrow. Some years it is easy going and others...well ya know the sure way in....now

Go get them tomorrow