NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

good day on the cong!! - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 01-30-2021, 04:55 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default good day on the cong!!

started out at 6:30 and hit the bait shop.checked a few spots but between the wind and the bubblers they were a little beat up.went to a spot i new would be locked up and it was game on.started drilling and walking without much to show.
went to make a move and i see the Badger making his way out.we shot the bull for a few and then started cutting and jigging.we start to pick away at the sunny's and small perch.we hone in and it goes from a pick to real steady catching.nothing for the table but plenty of fish.bite held up til about 1pm then slowed down.always good to jig a few fish and chew the fat with a friend.
Old 01-30-2021, 08:29 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: good day on the cong!!

Yeaa buddy we found numbers but not much for the table, i ended getting the first dreaded slime dart of the season i stayed till dark and found three crappies from 9" to 12" kept two of the bigger ones for the table it was good to fish with ya as always. I hope to see you out there again bunker dunker
Old 01-31-2021, 05:42 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Re: good day on the cong!!

We’re making ice but not much. Friggin wind and now a blizzard. Sheesh, slim pickings this year. Glad to hear you guys got out and caught a few! Well done bros!
Old 02-01-2021, 09:44 AM
Site Sponsor

Sounds like you guys are on the best jig bite outta anyone I’ve talked to... stay on em guys. Good luck
Rvta member
Knee Deep member
Mike K Guide Service (owner)
https://www.facebook.com/MikeKGuideService/
(908 642-5423
Old 02-01-2021, 02:51 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

I was out there too, got there a little later on Saturday. A few perch (just enough for a dinner) and 1 fat bluegill. Lots of people out there but not a lot of flags popping. Good to see people out on the ice enjoying the sport. TD
Old 02-02-2021, 10:10 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Dunno what it is but seems to me there is only one spot at cong currently thats getting a jig bite.

Pretty much like everyone got to the shop at 630 to find it packed. Thats a good sign to see, they been having tough last couple of years is so they need all the help they can get from us.

Now pretty much everyone been going to either one of two places so not to be a lemming we packed and went to the third. Got that and were greeted with some open water toward the shoreline. Debated and debated and decided to take a risk and get on the ice where it was much thicker. Two test dummies were send with rope to check the ice and after hoorays and sings of relief off we went. Only 4 of us were fishing the spot and that was awesome.

Badger would of had a field day. NOT a SINGLE PICKEREL. Not even a tap. Tip ups did all the work, jigging was not existent. As mentioned not a single pickerel came through, neither did bass which usually we pick up at the spot. It was all perch and nothing but perch. On a side note we did loose a waldo at the hole. Bastard. Ended a day with about 40 perch for 4 of us with pretty much all being between 9 and 12. Someone did managed to find us afternoon and looked like had some decent time as well.

Ice was solid 6 inches all the way to the open water.

Tight lines to all and be safe.

We will have interesting weekend coming up.

Andre
Old 02-02-2021, 12:53 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrushkin33 View Post
Dunno what it is but seems to me there is only one spot at cong currently thats getting a jig bite.

Pretty much like everyone got to the shop at 630 to find it packed. Thats a good sign to see, they been having tough last couple of years is so they need all the help they can get from us.

Now pretty much everyone been going to either one of two places so not to be a lemming we packed and went to the third. Got that and were greeted with some open water toward the shoreline. Debated and debated and decided to take a risk and get on the ice where it was much thicker. Two test dummies were send with rope to check the ice and after hoorays and sings of relief off we went. Only 4 of us were fishing the spot and that was awesome.

Badger would of had a field day. NOT a SINGLE PICKEREL. Not even a tap. Tip ups did all the work, jigging was not existent. As mentioned not a single pickerel came through, neither did bass which usually we pick up at the spot. It was all perch and nothing but perch. On a side note we did loose a waldo at the hole. Bastard. Ended a day with about 40 perch for 4 of us with pretty much all being between 9 and 12. Someone did managed to find us afternoon and looked like had some decent time as well.

Ice was solid 6 inches all the way to the open water.

Tight lines to all and be safe.

We will have interesting weekend coming up.

Andre
thanks Andre! great reports as always