NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Topo Graphs for NJ Lakes? - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 05-02-2013, 10:21 AM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Topo Graphs for NJ Lakes?

Hey guys, been reading a lot about topo charts recently and I've been trying to find some detail ones for the lakes and reservoirs up in northern jersey (monksville, echo lake, and the other Newark watershed lakes).

I reviewed the NJ Wildlife website, http://www.njfishandwildlife.com/lakemaps.htm, but their maps aren't very detailed.

I also downloaded the Navionics app on my iphone, but it also wasn't as detailed as I was hoping. Was wondering if anyone knows where I could get a hold of a decent map or if their is a website with a database that has some.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:27 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Topo Graphs for NJ Lakes?

WELCOME to the site !! Keep us posted if ya do good at the sheds.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:03 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Topo Graphs for NJ Lakes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVO
Hey guys, been reading a lot about topo charts recently and I've been trying to find some detail ones for the lakes and reservoirs up in northern jersey (monksville, echo lake, and the other Newark watershed lakes).

I reviewed the NJ Wildlife website, http://www.njfishandwildlife.com/lakemaps.htm, but their maps aren't very detailed.

I also downloaded the Navionics app on my iphone, but it also wasn't as detailed as I was hoping. Was wondering if anyone knows where I could get a hold of a decent map or if their is a website with a database that has some.
unfortunately, you've pretty much exhausted your options as far as ready made maps go. let us know if you find anything else.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:44 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Topo Graphs for NJ Lakes?

A few local bait shops carry decent maps of Greenwood, Monksville and Hopatcong. Ramsey Outdoor carries above average ones of Hopatcong and GWL.

There is a book that contains 100+ topo maps of NJ lakes, but its been out of production for a few years and is pretty rare. I actually found a copy at the Sportsmen's show a few months ago and jumped on it. If there are any lakes in particular you are need, PM me and I can email them to you.

I've found the Navionics app to be pretty spot-on with the lakes it does have. Helped me tremendously over the winter vertical jigging the deeper water structure at GWL.

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek