NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

2015 3rd Annual Hybrid Meet&Greet....... - Page 8 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 10-21-2015, 12:00 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: 2015 3rd Annual Hybrid Meet&Greet.......

i think we want to fish the lake like we normally do at the end of october but remember that water is probably still in the 60's!! swarts was 60.3-60.8 degrees sunday morning and that place is usually cooler than hopatcong. I'll be on cong today and report back. i'm thinking, treat the lake like you normally do in september!
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54
Old 10-21-2015, 02:14 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythegreek View Post
Beleive it or not the chix livers r the bait of choice right noe on LH the herring r too small for hybrids but they do work. All the regulars r fishing livers and most have stopped using thenherring due to size. Im with u i hate chix livers and would rather jig all day and run downlines off the sides. Hope it gets better i dont like how LH is becoming, the fishing has gone downhill the past few years i used to fish it 3 times a week all season long and do rly well
Yeah, the size of the walleye we caught Sunday--20 inches tops--wasn't much. The state put fewer in there for a year or two, but the stocking is supposed to pick back up. Wish the walleye & hybrids naturally reproduced, but they don't and have to live w/that. My son & I did do real well last October on our annual third week outing.

Had 58, 59-degree water temps on Sunday.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:50 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Water temps were all over the place this afternoon. Read as high as 63 degrees in Henderson area and as low as 58 in a few other spots. Nothing really happening for us fishing wise.
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54
Old 10-23-2015, 07:33 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Be sure to gas up your boats before getting on the lake..The marinas are sold out of gas for the season.....
Old 10-23-2015, 03:16 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Ain't no party like an NJF M-N-G party! Almost there fellaz!

Went by Lee's today and it looks like there closing up super early this season! WTF? What's up with that nonsense? Fishing season never ends in NJ. The chains were on the all the ramps and the cones were out. The first ramp was open for some reason but the chain was laying on the ground connected to one of the pilings. This tells me somebody may have pulled there boat from there slip or a paying customer went to run some gas out of his tank. I didn't see a single boat out there. Looks like we'll all have to head out early and launch from State Park. Nasty little ramp that is. The show must go on. See all you wackos next Saturday. TIGHT LINEZ!!!
Old 10-24-2015, 11:42 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I just called Lees. They are opened until the end of November depending on water level. M&G is still on!!!!!!

Lees number

(973) 398-5199
Old 10-24-2015, 04:00 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Great to hear...
Old 10-24-2015, 05:15 PM
Site Sponsor

Yeah fished with the greek this mrng asked the guy said they had ramps closed cause they paved the ramps all three ramps woukd be opened back up before m and g he told me
Rvta member
Knee Deep member
Mike K Guide Service (owner)
https://www.facebook.com/MikeKGuideService/
(908 642-5423
Old 10-24-2015, 06:32 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Ya I went to lees also after I went to the state park and couldn't get my boat in cause it was too shallow there and had to back up till my bumper was almost under and it still wouldn't pop off the trailer. Then went to lees and they said the same thing it should be open again by Monday. Went out for a few hours to test the motor out after working so much on it for the past few weeks. Marked a lot of bait and only a few but very big arches of fish on my fish finder. Have maybe 2 hits on the rapala jig but was being pushed by the wind like crazy. Next week I'm bringing 2 anchors for sure. Saw a guy using chicken livers and caught a few hybrids. Can't wait for next Saturday but I will most likely be out there Friday also.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:12 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

The ramps at lees are all open again so no worries there. What bothers me is the fishing is a mess right now. The herring are way out deep in a winter pattern already most bait is suspended in 35 to 40fow and marks are few and far between. Ive never seen the lake like this before its like a mix of summer and winter pattern no fall pattern at all anywhere. I fished sunday w mikeytopaz and it was ruff to say the least. As many crappie as u wanted but nothing else biting. Water was a solid 56 degrees everywhere on main lake. My plan is to do some searching in the am for some bait balls w fish on them in the deep and im gonna spot lock and just sit there all morning chumming and fishing chix livers while jigging. Thats whats working right now for the regulars and im gonna go out on a limb and give it a try. Run and gunning looking for schools is not working they are roaming open water but dows has herring again in decent sizes so that's an option too. Im tempted to troll and find a school that way but we will see what the wind looks like for saturday