NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

2015 3rd Annual Hybrid Meet&Greet....... - Page 7 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 10-13-2015, 03:39 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Cool Re: 2015 3rd Annual Hybrid Meet&Greet.......

Trader Mike was @ SKUNKSVILLE SUNDAY with a giant box of slightly used JIGGING RAPS for sale. They little SH marks on them & looked to used only once....

I got a box of blade baits a few years back for X-MAS & have never used them so this may be a perfect opportunity to donate a few to the lake bottom @ LH.
Old 10-15-2015, 01:00 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: 2015 3rd Annual Hybrid Meet&Greet.......

guaranteed to lose blade baits if you're fishing them properly for cold water! jigging raps you usually don't lose as many cause you can jig them under your sonar and keep them from pounding into a rock.

johnson thinfisher blade baits are pretty low price compared to others and i have to say i have no complaints about them. come in many colors, seem to work real nice, and they catch fish.

that being said i'm still wondering how cold the water is going to be...i read 62 degrees on my ff last night! we'll see what the cold fronts do.
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54
Old 10-15-2015, 10:04 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Plug knocker... A lil birdie also gave me a tip about blade baits. Clip the front hooks off each treble...

Last edited by Jigman13; 10-15-2015 at 10:06 PM..
Old 10-19-2015, 02:10 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

The weather report looks good-cold on the overnight FRIDAY but SATURDAY looks to be cool but sunny (55-57f). Nothing yet on wind conditions until mid week though. Hopefully not blowing too badly.

What time will this floatilla get underway @ LH STATE PARK?
Old 10-19-2015, 03:46 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumasdad View Post
The weather report looks good-cold on the overnight FRIDAY but SATURDAY looks to be cool but sunny (55-57f). Nothing yet on wind conditions until mid week though. Hopefully not blowing too badly.

What time will this floatilla get underway @ LH STATE PARK?
The meet and greet is on the 31st, not this weekend....and the meet location is Lee's County Marina, not state park.

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek
Old 10-19-2015, 04:31 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Thanks-I had my calendar date wrong there but I was aware that it will be on the 31rst.

What time will we meeting up?

Thxs
Old 10-19-2015, 05:37 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

we usually head out around 7 so get there early to launch ur boats.

and an update:

getanet and myself scouted sunday morn w little going on. laurie has had trouble getting herring in the traps they are all 2" tiny baits and worthless IMO, all our fish came on binskys. Not sure how great the striper fishing will be, but theres plenty of crappie and fish all over in schools to go around. Im gonna scout again next weekend to see whats up, Im almost thinking if the bait situation is like this maybe make it a walleye M-N-G and head up to GWL instead and just make a jigfest out of it. Time will tell.......
Old 10-19-2015, 08:20 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythegreek View Post
we usually head out around 7 so get there early to launch ur boats.

and an update:

getanet and myself scouted sunday morn w little going on. laurie has had trouble getting herring in the traps they are all 2" tiny baits and worthless IMO, all our fish came on binskys. Not sure how great the striper fishing will be, but theres plenty of crappie and fish all over in schools to go around. Im gonna scout again next weekend to see whats up, Im almost thinking if the bait situation is like this maybe make it a walleye M-N-G and head up to GWL instead and just make a jigfest out of it. Time will tell.......
Where's Greenwood Jimmy?
Old 10-20-2015, 09:21 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I may be able to make it, but won't get my work schedule until the Tues, and then possibly switch the weekend day I work with someone. I noticed some guys have room on their boat. Since I have no boat, maybe I can hop on with someone? About the 2-inch herring. Laurie does have small stuff, but they're about 2 1/2 and a few about 3. We caught walleye on them Sunday under the cold front, and I wouldn't be surprised if hybrids take them. At any rate, while jigging Binskys, to put a weighted herring line over the side with the bait suspended off bottom might yield some fish. In the choice between chicken liver and 2 1/2 inch herring, I'll go with the herring. I think they're guys who have really got the chicken cooking just right down there for them, but I'm just not into that. But if I end up fishing with someone who is, I'll be plenty curious anyhow.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:31 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Beleive it or not the chix livers r the bait of choice right noe on LH the herring r too small for hybrids but they do work. All the regulars r fishing livers and most have stopped using thenherring due to size. Im with u i hate chix livers and would rather jig all day and run downlines off the sides. Hope it gets better i dont like how LH is becoming, the fishing has gone downhill the past few years i used to fish it 3 times a week all season long and do rly well