NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Tilcon/Aeroflex open? - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 12-25-2019, 08:41 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Question Tilcon/Aeroflex open?

First of all, Merry Christmas!

I’m trying to sneak out a bit tomorrow morning to Do some shore fishing. I was thinking of casting for trout/ LL salmon. Does anyone know if Tilcon or aeroflex are iced over?

I was going to chase some pickerel at burnham pond In Morristown with the kids yesterday but both ponds are iced over. Did plan B and caught creek chubs at a nearby stocked trout stream. The kids had a blast.
Old 12-25-2019, 08:47 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Lightbulb Re: Tilcon/Aeroflex open?

If those are frozen over you can cast from the banks at Merrill Creek res. also.
Old 12-25-2019, 03:56 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Tilcon/Aeroflex open?

Thanks Andy.

Do you know if there is still a designated shore fishing area or can you fish from anywhere on shore?
Old 12-25-2019, 06:32 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Go to the left facing the reservoir from the launch, walk the trail, and you can find of plenty of shore-space. Also, there is or at least used to be a way to drive into the back where there's some sort of pier. You can't walk on that. But there is plenty of access--or was--to some steep drop-offs into very deep water.
Old 12-27-2019, 02:40 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Litton View Post
Go to the left facing the reservoir from the launch, walk the trail, and you can find of plenty of shore-space. Also, there is or at least used to be a way to drive into the back where there's some sort of pier. You can't walk on that. But there is plenty of access--or was--to some steep drop-offs into very deep water.
If I were in NJ, I would hit Aeroflex constantly while the water is still open.. THIS is the time of year when the LL salmon are spread out, and you are as likely to catch on in 5 FOW as you are in 25.. Big colorful flashy Roostertail spinners of 3/4 t 1 0z always work for me, as well as Little Cleos, rapalas etc.. White marabou bucktails as well, with some Mylar flash especially.
Cover some ground walk the shorline and keep casting.. LL salmon are aggressive, not particularly line shy, and are ready biters.. The only reason more aren't caught is because they are always suspended on bait balls.. They are NOT lake fish by nature, but when they are forced to be, they do what all other species do when Alewives make up the vast majority of what they eat.. They stay right next to it... bob
Old 12-28-2019, 07:28 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Thanks Bruce and Bob. I’m planning to hit that deep water, throwing spoons and plugs And take some shots along the way on the shallower water. I fished Merril from a boat once a few years ago but never tried the shore. I’ll post a report for sure