NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Opening Day... Wow!!! - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 02:05 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Opening Day... Wow!!!

My nephew, little Otto and I couldnt wait to get out there. We started friday belive it or not, collecting our creek gems, ie, chubs shiners crays ect...

so sat morning, we were ready. we needed to go to dukes to meet some of the guys even though we did not hav waders to fish that area but i was glad to finally meet wilson and he told me andy hooked into a giant. good for him. we stole a ski pole and doughnut and took off for nevias bridge and as soon as we put a creek chub on... bam little O hooks into a nice brookie.. maybe 19 inches. i consider it a giant. then he hooks into giant bronzeback of i guess 20 inches way over 3lbs.. i was so proud, he was pumped up!! we regrouped and after mcdonalds , catch more chubs,ect and headed to my numb one honey hole and can ublieve it.. the little guy hooks into a giant bronzeback.. but no camera.. it was over 3 and a half pounds with giant belly.. he landed it, reel against drag and i went in water and wrangled it.. wow!! wow!! then he got another keeper nice smallie over 2 pounds.. i couldnt blieve the size of the belly on the smallies this time of yr.. thanks to the warm water

what a day!! congrats to andy on the five pounder and opening day was better then i expected bec last yr.. me and the kid got skunked... but that was last yr..

i emailed andy the pics of the brookie and smallmouth from raritan.. wish i bring th camera to neshanic. bec otto got a true trophy smallie.. i was so proud!!
Old 04-08-2012, 03:10 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Opening Day... Wow!!!

Sorry I missed ya opening day. Nailed a HUGE rainbow at the falls, figures no one from my party was there and I left the camera at home.

We didn't get anything at Nevieus, and hit it hard.

I got to get a float boat and start running charters on the Raritan for smallies, trout, walleye, stripers, etc.

Glad I got rid of some wading stix and donuts, see you on the water.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	brook trout 2012 april.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	46797   Click image for larger version

Name:	get-attachment_aspx.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	46798   Click image for larger version

Name:	Otto korn.jpg
Views:	498
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	46799  
Old 04-08-2012, 07:57 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Opening Day... Wow!!!

WOW! Nice catch for the lil man there. Great day!!! AWESOME!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 10:27 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Re: Opening Day... Wow!!!

2 time memeber of raritan river 5 pound club and also member of killing 3 pounders dude if you caught 5 pounders why you killing 3 pounders throw them back
Old 04-17-2012, 04:08 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Question Re: Opening Day... Wow!!!

He did throw them back. Bass are out of season anyway. I'm not seeing the bass on a stringer, are you ???