NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Lower South Branch 11/1/2021: - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 11-01-2021, 03:33 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Lower South Branch 11/1/2021:

Started up by Hamden Rd near Clinton, got 1 and rolled one, got a small LMB and saw a big bald eagle. Down a bit further got another one, one small SMB at Camp Carr. Tried following the river but there are a lot of road closed signs with bridges washed out, still some crazy stuff. Hard to wade many spots with the water still quite high, water was tea colored also. Winds came up and the leaves came down so I went to to the main stem, nothing, and access to the Headgates dam is still closed.
Actually kept 2, been a looooong time since I kept and ate a trout, but I'll give it a try again. I pass the Toms River TCA on my way to work, stopped in and gave it a look, meh.
Hopefully the vast majority of the storms are behind us so we can all get out there and enjoy some real fishing again ! This NW wind has got me itching for the suds again. Will be up that way on Wednesday as I have an appointment at the Veterans Administration Lyons campus in Bedminster for some routine checkup, nice having been approved for veterans health care, takes a huge burden off me.
A big CONGRATS to Hookmanski on his recent wedding also !!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2350.JPG
Views:	246
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	153939   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2354.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	171.2 KB
ID:	153940   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2355.JPG
Views:	248
Size:	179.4 KB
ID:	153941   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2356.JPG
Views:	155
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	153942   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2363.JPG
Views:	193
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	153943  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2368.JPG
Views:	218
Size:	179.4 KB
ID:	153944   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2372.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	153945   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2374.JPG
Views:	231
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	153946   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2377.JPG
Views:	264
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	153947  
Old 11-01-2021, 04:58 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Lower South Branch 11/1/2021:

Welcome back....nice fattiez!!
Old 11-01-2021, 06:41 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I cant believe Andy is putting WILD, protected, NJ rainbows on the stringer! mawhahahwahwa I jk those are delicious looking stockies good work. I struck out myself at one of the upper south branch spots.
Old 11-01-2021, 10:22 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
Started up by Hamden Rd near Clinton, got 1 and rolled one, got a small LMB and saw a big bald eagle. Down a bit further got another one, one small SMB at Camp Carr.
Come on, man, you're burning one of Cuz's best spots! Seriously?

(just kidding; he wouldn't give a $^*%)

Quote:
I pass the Toms River TCA on my way to work, stopped in and gave it a look, meh.
After rainfall the Toms stays deep after other streams have returned to their normal levels. After the recent rainfall, it will literally be 10 days at least before it goes back to its regular depth. In any case, the Toms and its TCA are only fishable by the most elite trout fishermen, so you might want to stick with the Mighty Raritan, Andy. Leave the hardcore streams - Toms, Muddysquan, and Metedeconk - to the Jersey Shore trout anglers.
Old 11-02-2021, 10:50 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

[QUOTE=AndyS;564326]Started up by Hamden Rd near Clinton, got 1 and rolled one,

Is that tire in one of the pictures what you “ rolled “? LOL !
I’ll bet you’ll be back after that one.

From what I’ve heard about the lower So. Branch stocking, many spots didn’t get fish because of washed out areas and limited river access. After all of the rain, there’s no doubt the trout in all of the streams are pretty well spread out.
Old 11-02-2021, 02:32 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Lightbulb Re: Lower South Branch 11/1/2021:

Really not much interest in fishing the Muddysquan, Mosquitoconk or the Toms, yes I will leave that to the elite group, if I fish down here it will be the bay of surf.

Never thought about no access for hatchery trucks, good point.
Old 11-02-2021, 05:31 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Really not much interest in fishing the Muddysquan, Mosquitoconk or the Toms, yes I will leave that to the elite group, if I fish down here it will be the bay of surf.

Never thought about no access for hatchery trucks, good point.
The toms tca is gr8 in a challenging way, cedar water and not very wadable...not familiar with the other two...lmk if ya wanna meet up ??
Old 11-03-2021, 09:25 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Started up by Hamden Rd near Clinton, got 1 and rolled one, got a small LMB and saw a big bald eagle. Down a bit further got another one, one small SMB at Camp Carr. Tried following the river but there are a lot of road closed signs with bridges washed out, still some crazy stuff. Hard to wade many spots with the water still quite high, water was tea colored also. Winds came up and the leaves came down so I went to to the main stem, nothing, and access to the Headgates dam is still closed.
Actually kept 2, been a looooong time since I kept and ate a trout, but I'll give it a try again. I pass the Toms River TCA on my way to work, stopped in and gave it a look, meh.
Hopefully the vast majority of the storms are behind us so we can all get out there and enjoy some real fishing again ! This NW wind has got me itching for the suds again. Will be up that way on Wednesday as I have an appointment at the Veterans Administration Lyons campus in Bedminster for some routine checkup, nice having been approved for veterans health care, takes a huge burden off me.
A big CONGRATS to Hookmanski on his recent wedding also !!
Great to see you on the trout again! And thank you!! we had a fantastic day for it