NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

WOW, what a night for pike !!! - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:15 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: WOW, what a night for pike !!!

Tremendous!!

I'm interested in hearing more about this camera system you have installed on your kayak. Earlier this year, I dropped a $400 Canon SX40 into the depths of Spruce Run when it rolled off the deck hatch of my kayak when I was trying to take pictures of myself.

Now I use my phone and take those awkward self-portraits with one arm stretched out and the fish next to my head.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:46 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Freakin' awesome fish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo
Now I use my phone and take those awkward self-portraits with one arm stretched out and the fish next to my head.
According to my wife, in the parlance of Facebook those are called "selfies."
Old 07-09-2013, 09:50 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Dan, very impressive! First time I have seen TWO 40"+ Pike caught in the same day with PHOTOS to back it up!

I'm hoping to get back to that spot we discussed this weekend, let me know if you are free and we can set something up.

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek
Old 07-09-2013, 10:02 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk City
Dan, very impressive! First time I have seen TWO 40"+ Pike caught in the same day with PHOTOS to back it up!

I'm hoping to get back to that spot we discussed this weekend, let me know if you are free and we can set something up.
Skunk.....I would give up all 10 fish landed yesterday to have a picture with the one "that got away". At least mid 40's" with a head that felt like a 15 lb. striper. I had my hand on it's head, trying to pull 5 lbs. of weeds off the spinner bait, before it took off and was gone.

Danny V
Old 07-09-2013, 11:11 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgdan
Skunk.....I would give up all 10 fish landed yesterday to have a picture with the one "that got away". At least mid 40's" with a head that felt like a 15 lb. striper. I had my hand on it's head, trying to pull 5 lbs. of weeds off the spinner bait, before it took off and was gone.

Danny V

I would give up all those other women for one more night with the weedy headed one lol. Awesome report man. I tried a few casts in the mighty passaic yesterday but the water was too high and I figured the fish were real spread out. Apparently you found them.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:15 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Quote:

Tremendous!!

I'm interested in hearing more about this camera system you have installed on your kayak. Earlier this year, I dropped a $400 Canon SX40 into the depths of Spruce Run when it rolled off the deck hatch of my kayak when I was trying to take pictures of myself.

Im not sure if this is what he is using or not but look into yak attack panfish and panfish portrait mounts. This used with a gopro is a awesome setup. Gopro has built in wifi and a free app with a preview on your phone. It's a really cool set up
Old 07-09-2013, 12:38 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardo Larry
Im not sure if this is what he is using or not but look into yak attack panfish and panfish portrait mounts.
That's really cool.
Here's a link: http://www.yakattack.us/Products/PanFishPortrait.html
Old 07-09-2013, 01:27 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Now that looks pretty sick.

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek
Old 07-09-2013, 01:43 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

That looks good, but I never want anything sticking up in front of the kayak. I use all 6'6" rods for fresh and salt water, and when I am fighting a fish from the kayak, the last thing I want to worry about is something sticking up in front of me that WILL get in the way, when you have to change sides with the rod tip. There are a bunch of self portrait camera mounts on the market, but I will stick to my mount.

Here is the mount I made for the kayak I use in the Passaic. I have a different bracket for my Hobie that fits into the front sail mast hole. I just hit the self timer behind me and then swing the arm out. Not so easy with pike, but it works great for most fish.

Danny V
Old 07-09-2013, 01:50 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Nice yak...