NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Why do we tip the mates? - Page 15 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:14 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Why do we tip the mates?

"Do what you think is right, if you can't afford a tip, your fare to the boat is what keeps us all in business. No need to be ashamed, if you can't afford a tip, be a man and tell the crew member, sorry, but I just had enough to make today's trip.....chances are, the guys on MY BOAT would make sure you got something to go home with for dinner. THAT MY FRIENDS IS WHAT GOOD BUSINESS IS ALL ABOUT. Karma comes back one way or another.[/QUOTE]

x2 - Believe it or not - I have done that when I was out of work and fell on hard times and just wanted to fish . I told the mates that I lost my job and cant give what I usually give and they said no problem - just come out and fish and enjoy your day . That is why I am loyal to my 3/4 boat from then on - the guys/mates always take care of me - they are people for the most part - like you and me and have good days and bad days . The problem in this world - people dont talk. If we communicated better as a species we would be more evolved at this point in time and space . There is my dirt hippie rant of the week .

Also x 2 for post of the year

x 2 - archive and lock it up - just going to get uglier as it gets hotter

Make sure to stay hydrated in this heat - peeps -

GDubs-

Last edited by GDubya07; 07-18-2013 at 08:17 AM..