NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJF Fund Raiser Families - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 12-23-2012, 08:10 PM
Owner NJFishing.com

Default NJF Fund Raiser Families

Well today was the day we went and distributed the funds. Each of the 3 families got $2800.

Our first stop was to visit a family in temporary housing in Point Pleasant since their home in Lavalette was wiped out. Brother Joey Dah Fish found out about this family through St Mary's church so him, me, Ruth and his wife Judy paid them a visit. A single Dad and 2 high school teenage boys that lost their Mom to cancer a few weeks ago and lost everything in the storm. A very nice family who greatly appreciated all the support. Before we left we all gathered together and said a prayer. A very moving experience for sure.

Next stop was to meet up with Left Reeler and Amy to do the same. This time we met at a church in Red Bank and were introduced to the family. A Mom, Dad, 10 year old twins and 7 year old. Very nice family who had fallen into difficult financial issues before the storm and now were without their home in Ocean Port which was totally wiped out. We talked for a while and Mom pushed through her tears explaining how in spite of their situation, they felt so blessed by the outpooring of love and support from the community.

Last stop was at a restaurant in the Highlands where we were introduced by Jamie and Matt Troster (eyes on first ave) to a single Mom with 3 children ages 9,6 and 3. There home in Atlantic Highlands was flooded and they lost all their possessions, except what the managed to carry out during the last minute evacuation. They are now living in temporary housing in Keansburg. Mom is attending school to become a nurse. A very nice lady who greatly appreciated all the support... Turns out someone else in the community found out she was a big Giants fan and got her and her son VIP passes for next Sunday's game. During our conversation over lunch, Jamie found out that Mom and the oldest lost their glasses in the storm is is donating 2 pairs of perscription glasses to them.

All in all a very emotional but rewarding experience, especially with it being so close to Christmas. Thank you all once again for you support and generosity and allowing me, Ruth, Joe, Judy, Jamie, Matt, Ron and Amy the honor of representing you all to these families.

Definatley one of the most memorable Christmas experiences I will ever have.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-12-22_23-08-39_145.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	55741  

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area

Last edited by Gerry Zagorski; 12-24-2012 at 12:37 PM..
Old 12-24-2012, 05:57 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: NJF Fund Raiser Families

This is awesome! I'm glad to be part of the cause. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all! God bless!

"For the rich there is therapy for the rest of us there is fishing"

"A bad day of fishing turns into a good day of drinking" ����
Old 12-24-2012, 07:20 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Post-of-the-Year Truly Heart-warming !!
Old 12-24-2012, 07:58 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Great job guy's! Unbelievable effort on everyone's part in helping the family's displaced from their homes and the loss of personal possessions. It's awesome to see how many great people there are! Kudos to nj fishing, members and sponsors! Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all!
Old 12-24-2012, 03:37 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Gerry what an amazing post and I'm blessed to have been a tiny part of this. There is nothing more humbling and heartwarming than putting a smile on the face of someone in need and thats what you, your family and friends did and i personally want to thank you for all your effort you put into this great act of kindness. I Hope these families have a very Merry Christmas as well as all the great members of NjFishing.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:29 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

What a wonderful way to give back to our community.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:22 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Gerry I'm so glad you paid out the funds the way you did. I really have very little trust in the way donations are handled. It seems like so much money is being donated & when you talk to the people who need it most they don't seem to get any of it. So it makes you wonder where did all the money go. I was talking to others in the party about the same subject not knowing you were doing the disbursement the way you did. I'm so glad you did it that way great job Gerry.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:50 AM
Owner NJFishing.com

Thanks Doug. I feel the same as you which is why I'm hesitant to make donations to organizations. Who's going to get the money and how much of it actually makes it to the people? The way we did it with the committee insured all the money went out to the families we thought needed it most.

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area

Last edited by Gerry Zagorski; 12-25-2012 at 12:21 PM..
Old 12-26-2012, 10:34 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Couldnt agree more paying out and distributing the funds the way you did also Jerry - To much BS and red tape with other organizations - Total Home run Jerry - you took the time to put this together - THANK YOU

Thank you Sir and Happy Holidays to ALL

G-
Old 12-26-2012, 02:00 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

It was a great time for a great cause. My wife and I were happy to be a small part of this fund raiser.