NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Round valley trout association - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 02-13-2019, 11:17 AM
Site Sponsor

Default Re: Round valley trout association

Thanks for all your input guys, I will make sure I share this with these guys from the club, see if they make some changes....
Rvta member
Knee Deep member
Mike K Guide Service (owner)
https://www.facebook.com/MikeKGuideService/
(908 642-5423
Old 02-13-2019, 12:21 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey topaz View Post
Thanks for all your input guys, I will make sure I share this with these guys from the club, see if they make some changes....
Do they have any higher up members on this site currently? If not, thats step one! There's tons of people on here who would love to learn more about fishing RVR, myself included
Old 02-13-2019, 02:19 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Lightbulb Re: Round valley trout association

The website says our very own Bruce Litton is on the executive board.
Old 02-13-2019, 06:42 PM
NJFishing.com Member

What happened to Hunterdon Anglers?
Old 02-13-2019, 08:02 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Great organization. Anyone who fishes there should join. They really do a lot for that place. The seminars they offer alone are worth way more than the $25 a year membership. Plus the thousands of dollars they spend on stocking trout and baitfish to make it a better fishery. You don’t need a boat either. There’s great fishing right from land all fall winter and spring.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:28 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I fished and supported the RVTA for so many years. Very sad to see it dwindle to what that fishery has come to today. Lots of hard work went into that club by some truly dedicated individuals, as I’m sure it does today. We use to show that RVTA decal like a badge of honor. And during those days it was. I remember the pinnacle years throughout the early 90s with trucks and boats backed up 20 plus deep on Route 22 to get bait (in the dark) at 4:00am from Welgoss and his daughter Jody. They were good people. When folks knew what it meant to turn your headlights off on the ramp and load and unload off the ramp. It was also during a time when you could sleep in the truck with the boat for a first light bite and not be harassed. I also remember the night of midnight squalls that sank numerous along the shoreline camping during the two day RVTA open many years ago, and the generosity by others to help those in need during that nighttime event, and that time during the RVTA opener many years ago when I pulled an unfortunate capsized sailboater aboard moments before drowning in 36 degree water (fellow members even saved his boat). That period was the era of the sportsman, which has been replaced by what you have today. I will leave that up to you to perceive. IMO, it is a barometer of the entire state in general. Last time I was at the valley, it looked like the Great Adventure theme park.

In addition, the commorants started the demise of that fishery and changed it to what you have today. But that’s another story...

Last edited by laketrout; 02-13-2019 at 10:36 PM..
Old 02-13-2019, 11:03 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by laketrout View Post
I fished and supported the RVTA for so many years. Very sad to see it dwindle to what that fishery has come to today. Lots of hard work went into that club by some truly dedicated individuals, as I’m sure it does today. We use to show that RVTA decal like a badge of honor. And during those days it was. I remember the pinnacle years throughout the early 90s with trucks and boats backed up 20 plus deep on Route 22 to get bait (in the dark) at 4:00am from Welgoss and his daughter Jody. They were good people. When folks knew what it meant to turn your headlights off on the ramp and load and unload off the ramp. It was also during a time when you could sleep in the truck with the boat for a first light bite and not be harassed. I also remember the night of midnight squalls that sank numerous along the shoreline camping during the two day RVTA open many years ago, and the generosity by others to help those in need during that nighttime event, and that time during the RVTA opener many years ago when I pulled an unfortunate capsized sailboater aboard moments before drowning in 36 degree water (fellow members even saved his boat). That period was the era of the sportsman, which has been replaced by what you have today. I will leave that up to you to perceive. IMO, it is a barometer of the entire state in general. Last time I was at the valley, it looked like the Great Adventure theme park.

In addition, the commorants started the demise of that fishery and changed it to what you have today. But that’s another story...
You should post more. That was awesome.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:50 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Well stated! Yes being courteous on any ramp is becoming a thing of the past.
I see that at the Sheds too often and alot of places are becoming amusement parks. The reason I like to fish is to get away from these clowns and it seems like they are now everywhere.
Old 02-14-2019, 08:49 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

i like the guide service idea, but i don't think that would work because of the rules for for-hire vessels... would need a six-pack captain unless all of the money is a donation to RVTA? maybe capt dave can chime in

i don't know about other people, but even more than going out on someone else's boat, i would love for an RV old timer to come on MY boat and show me what i'm doing right or wrong. can still take a nice donation for RVTA, gives anglers a head start on the reservoir, and avoids the problem of needing the six-pack license.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:04 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Lightbulb Re: Round valley trout association

Hunterdon Anglers was run by an egotistical maniac that wanted nothing more than to see the RVTA crash and burn for what ever reasons. BUT with that being said RVTA could have encompassed more of the region into their format. I think after the brown trout fishery crashed many anglers found a new love, the hybrids at Spruce Run.
And yes, many areas that were once "owned" by fishermen now look like amusement parks, and you wonder why license sales are down.