NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Bass Fishing Spots - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 02-12-2019, 06:49 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Re: Bass Fishing Spots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godrew1972 View Post
Farrington and Mercer and manasquan have tons of bank spots. All very fishable from shore.
Any particular spots at Farrington?
Old 02-12-2019, 07:52 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Farrington is hard to fish from shore. If you park on the dam side (North End), you can walk the Northern Shore. Or you can drive Riva Ave and look for the pull offs you can find spots. Like someone said in a previous post, this place gets fished heavily. If you go to the dam when it is nice out, you can see guys filling buckets with sunnies.
Old 02-13-2019, 06:19 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

there is a park off Riva ave Bicentennial that has a trail that will take you to a few spots without moving your car. Many guys fish the bridges, the church lane bridge is a bit easier to fish. as noted from previous post you do see quite a few buckets taking anything home.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:18 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I hit Lake Shenandoah in Lakewood for the first time last year with my nephews. We were pleasantly surprised at the shore access, fishing piers and the action on panfish and bass. The signs said they stock it with trout in the spring. It's not too far from those other lakes mentioned and is smaller so it might be less intimidating if you're shore fishing and just getting back into fishing.
Old 02-13-2019, 05:50 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Your off to a good start with fishing around on this forum. There’s a lot of good guys on here that will help and if you do your reading and poking around you will find stuff out .
Where about in Monmouth County are you located and how much traveling do you want to do?
No one mentioned Topumemus in Freehold or Lefferts in Matawan. Just to add a few more large lakes.
The best thing to do is look at google earth and find water bodies and now is the time to go and see what kind of access it has . Don’t forget to bring a rod and feel the bottom for depth and structure. Try a Ned rig or a 1/8 oz jig and twister tail on light line you may even catch something.
This site really helped me as I got back into FWF a few years ago and thought Manasquan was the only place to go untill I started google spotting.
Good Luck
Old 02-14-2019, 05:14 AM
NJFishing.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfishhead View Post
Your off to a good start with fishing around on this forum. There’s a lot of good guys on here that will help and if you do your reading and poking around you will find stuff out .
Where about in Monmouth County are you located and how much traveling do you want to do?
No one mentioned Topumemus in Freehold or Lefferts in Matawan. Just to add a few more large lakes.
The best thing to do is look at google earth and find water bodies and now is the time to go and see what kind of access it has . Don’t forget to bring a rod and feel the bottom for depth and structure. Try a Ned rig or a 1/8 oz jig and twister tail on light line you may even catch something.
This site really helped me as I got back into FWF a few years ago and thought Manasquan was the only place to go untill I started google spotting.
Good Luck
I am in Tinton Falls Don't mind traveling 25-30 miles. Thanks for the tips, I planned on fishing Topumemus also some of the other lakes mentioned.
Old 02-14-2019, 05:50 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Check your PMs
Cause on a day like today there's one place I gotta be:
GONE FISHIN'

Fishing with LardAlmighty on YouTube
Old 02-15-2019, 09:34 AM
NJFishing.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lard Almighty View Post
Check your PMs
got your message sent you a PM
Old 02-15-2019, 11:56 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Welcome to the site.
Hope to see you out there one day.

Last edited by Blackfishhead; 02-17-2019 at 06:49 AM.. Reason: Correction
Old 02-23-2019, 08:03 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Check out Thompson Park in Lincroft next to Brookdale College. It's a good place before the weeds get too thick. The left side will be easier to shore fish. Deal Lake is best shore fished from the Allenhurst section of the lake. Lake Lefferts in Matawan has plenty of access at the park along Ravine Dr. The route 34 bridge next to MJs restaurant also has access and parking across the highway from the restaurant. As mentioned before Google Earth will help save you the legwork many of us used to find these spots before it was invented