NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

where to go? - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Boating
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Boating Use this board to discuss anything related to boats and boating in NJ

Old 06-14-2012, 01:14 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Exclamation where to go?

i got 16 foot runabout glastron with 85hp yamaha outboard and been fishing raritan bay for couple years for fluke and blues, is there is anywhere else i can fish around sandy hook with that small boat? or anywhere else...i live in bayonne.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:34 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Smile Re: where to go?

I have gone around the hook in a 14 foot Grumman when it is dead calm or a SLIGHT breeze from the northwest. Have gone down as far as the Highlands Sea Bright bridge and I ALWAYS wear a life jacket.

I once lived in Bayonne. Have you ever fished around the Robbins Reef Light? Pretty good for blues there often.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:52 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: where to go?

I too grew up in Bayonne. I am an old goat and back in the 70's and 80's we had a 17 airslot with a 90 hp Merc, then a 24 cuddy. Launched the 17 at the old Elco, a few time the Atlas, ( don't know if they have a public launch any more,)---- took it to Leonardo, AHMM, Plum Island and Great Kills in SI. The 24 we kept in the Elco, and fished out to Ambrose, Raritan Reach, Romer Shoal, etc....

In the 90's moved up near Lake Hopatcong,---- got a 14' aluminum w/ a 15 hp Merc---on the right days, launched from all of the above and have been aound the Hook down near the nude beach a few times.

The last 11 years we''ve had a 20' in Sandy Hook Bay Marina for 2, then KMB. We just sold it. KMB has a nice launch for you.

Pick your days carefully, keep a watchful eye on changing weather, and your 16 will suffice in and around Sandy Hook & Raritan Bays.