NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

RIP Tom Tosco - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 05-25-2021, 09:21 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Unhappy RIP Tom Tosco

I had the pleasure and honor to work with Tommy at Efingers. The man always wore a smile on his face. He went onto become to owner of The Sporting Life on Rt. 22 in Whitehouse. Just before I moved it was always okay with Tommy to come down to the store and just hang out and chat, some of the memories I won't forget anytime soon. A great man that will be missed by many.

https://www.wrightfamily.com/obituar...francis-tosco/
Old 05-25-2021, 10:23 AM
Site Sponsor

Default Re: RIP Tom Tosco

The man touched so many guys in the fishing community and will be missed greatly. Guys would come into the shop just to see this guy have a cup of coffee and lunch. The last year few years the Tosco’s family has had it rough. In the last four years tommy lost a daughter,brother,mother, and now the Tosco family has to deal with the loss of tommy. Tommy and myself just looked at a few buildings in the last couple months looking to expand the shop and go big with big plans. A dream of his he was chasing his whole life since the day he started working at efingers. The man and I had a lot of great memories caught a lot of fish together and had a lot of good hunts together and me personally I will miss the hell outta this guy!!!
A true sportsman!!!!

Also just to throw this out there since a lot guys been asking me yes the shop will be open the daughter would like to keep it going,
Rvta member
Knee Deep member
Mike K Guide Service (owner)
https://www.facebook.com/MikeKGuideService/
(908 642-5423

Last edited by Mikey topaz; 05-25-2021 at 10:25 AM..
Old 05-25-2021, 10:43 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thank you Mikey.
I had good memories dropping in and chatting with Tom, im sorry to hear
Old 05-25-2021, 12:30 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Fair winds and following seas, Tommy... RIP...

I wasnt as fortunate to know Tommy as long as some you guys, but over the last few years, especially since The Sporting Life opened, I got to know him fairly well. A welcoming guy, always glad to see you walk in the store, even if just to chew the fat. He'd ask about my kids and family before asking about how I was doing--a small thing, but a very noticeable one.

Being in sales, I was often on the road prior to COVID. I'd detour and take my 'lunch break' spending 90 min to 2 hours at the store just talking shop. And I'd usually walk out with a pack or 4 of z-man jig heads, ned rig tubes, keitechs, 3 cotton cordells, a new Daiwa reel freshly spooled and a partridge in a pear tree lol...

He'll be missed...
Old 05-25-2021, 12:36 PM
NJFishing.com Member

This is so sad. I remember one of the first days he opened The Sporting Life and my family stopped in, we chatted for awhile and became friends. He was so easy to talk to. He would always put a smile on my kids' faces by having them pick out a lure or give them some extra shiners. He was one of the good guys for sure. I will miss him greatly. May you Rest in Peace Tommy!
Old 05-25-2021, 04:48 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Unhappy Re: RIP Tom Tosco

What a great man in the world of fishing. He touched many people and he will truly be missed. I stopped in the shop after work last week, knowing I’ll never see him sitting there again brought a tear to my eye as I was driving home. Tommy had a ton of knowledge all around. This man is gone way too soon.
R.I.P Tommy.
Old 05-26-2021, 04:51 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

prayers sent,rip Tom
Old 05-26-2021, 11:23 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I only met him a few times at the shop. Was really a very nice person who wanted to help you anyway he could. God will welcome you with welcome arms Tom!
Old 05-26-2021, 04:29 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Rest in Peace my friend
Old 05-26-2021, 05:01 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

The year after my dad passed and I got back into fishing I got my license from Tom's store, which had just opened at the time. He gave me a bunch of tips and was super nice to me, that might've been before I was even on the site. Great dude who will be missed by many, RIP Tom!