NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Salmon steelhead meet and greet oct 3,4,5 - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 08-20-2014, 10:34 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Salmon steelhead meet and greet oft 3,4,5

guess when you have the privilege to go Weekly its worth it!
Old 08-21-2014, 12:17 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

DSR is nothing but an ex-politician still getting rich off of the people.

That aside there's plenty of river to fish w/o having folks in your back pocket. Ya just gotta go walk and explore. My friends and I very seldom have issues with crowding. Likewise most of the other anglers we do encounter and deal with are friendly and courteous and we extend the same attitude to everyone. It's no big deal to clear your line to allow someone to play and land a fish, or even offer to net it for them. And extending such goodwill generally elicits the same attitude in return. Whether they realize it or not most folks create their own luck, good or bad.
As the saying goes, karma can be a bitch, or not. Just fish and enjoy!
Old 08-22-2014, 05:28 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Salmon steelhead meet and greet oft 3,4,5

Where are all the Salmon and Trout anglers? Come out, come out wherever you are! Look forward to seeing you fellaz up there! It's going to be a HOOT! DO IT!!!
Old 08-22-2014, 08:12 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Come on out, tons of fun.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:36 AM
Site Sponsor

Agree dsr is nothing special, only time it's worth it early season when fish are trickling in at first or when the water is low flow other that ahhhhhhhh!!!! Stupid fish know one thing go upstream that's it! When the water flow is good top to bottom these big ole king will be gettin their groove on and the steelhead behind em! Seriously though where's everyone at ? U want smoke some reels and put you skills to the the test landing 25lb plus salmon 10lb plus browns and 10-20lb steellll!!!! Come on up!!!! Between three of us guys going we have 25+ Years experience ,a place to stay,good group of guys,free riverside lunch and meals like....... Buy a license get in your car and head on up to the salmon promise land!!!!!! Fish on comingggggggggg downnnn!!!! he's off !wait no! He's still on whizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!
Rvta member
Knee Deep member
Mike K Guide Service (owner)
https://www.facebook.com/MikeKGuideService/
(908 642-5423
Old 08-24-2014, 11:15 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Salmon steelhead meet and greet oct 3,4,5

I must make this
Old 08-25-2014, 02:58 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Yes, you must! Haven't seen you since skunksville ice.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:34 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Anyone who's never tried it, you really should do your best to make it up there! The fishing is usually stellar, although occasionally it ventures into the realm of unbelievable!
The kings are like giant bulldogs just powering their way around the river. The big browns are another story too, but without question the steelies and to a slightly lesser degree the coho are the speed demon acrobats and by far the 'main attraction' of the whole circus IMHO! Drag screaming, reel smoking runs punctuated with incomparable aerial leaps, definitely the stars of the show!
Of course we can't forget the clowns too. Spend an hour sitting on ther bank having a sandwich and a brew at any of the most popular spots and you'll get to see some streamside antics the likes of which you simply couldn't imagine! Although I have to say it's not nearly as bad as it was many years ago when snagging was still legal. Back then fist fights over a lousy king were nearly as common as the sight of someone with a weighted treble hook impaled somewhere on their person.

All in all, after more than 30 years of fishing in the region up there and countless thousands of fish caught I still get excited and impatient as my annual weeklong trip approaches! By the time i'm halfway home at week's end I'm already planning for the following fall, not to mention trying to work in a spring steelhead trip before NJ trout season opens!

I hope as many guys as possible make it up for this outing! The timing should be great for hitting the peak of the salmon run and the early to mid stages of the steelhead influx!
Old 08-26-2014, 08:15 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Re: Salmon steelhead meet and greet oct 3,4,5

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, FISH ON, FISH OFF!!!!

Don't forget that Seth is going to be hosting an NJF BBQ at his camp Saturday night after the fishing festivities. I'm gona need a really big grill for all the wings I'm gona be cooking. This trip is right around the corner, can't friggin wait! YEA BUDDY!!! TIGHT LINEZ!!!!
Old 08-27-2014, 05:22 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Im sorry I won't be going up with you guys. I will be up there the last full week of september cause my buddies invited me to come up. Only problem is its my first time up there and I have waders with spikes but can any of you guys give me any tips on pole reel and line to be using. I even tried looking up on youtube for advice how to fish for them. I can't wait to go!!

thanks mike