NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Beaverkill river report 5/27 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 05-29-2011, 07:35 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Beaverkill river report 5/27

Better late than never! Hit the Beaverkill river with Uncle Norm on friday got to the water early right as the night turned into day.. River was high and looked liked chocolate milk but after a 2hr drive i wasnt leaving without wetting a line.. Took a about 15 casts without a hit using a rapala cd3, decided to switch to a mepps agilia #2 with a copper blade and by my second cast had some action nothing big just a few browns but consistent at least 7 within 20 mins!!! get a text from my bro in law asking how i was doing and asked if i caught any nice ones told him all stockie size ones then put my phone back in my wader pocket and bang my rod was bending and my drag was singing pulled out a 20 inch brownie... Wound up with about 34 fish on the day majority were average stockie size but had about 5 nice size ones between the 15 -18 inch range... Also landed a 24 inch slob of a rainbow tried to take a pic with my phone but was too worried about harming the fish so i kept him in the water before i could snap the pic he managed to escape and swim away... Great day and well worth the trip cant wait to go up again should be good for another month or so..
Old 05-29-2011, 07:55 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Beaverkill river report 5/27

I've been watching the flows all over, seems like everything is starting to settle out, and like you said, better late than never. I may try to go up later in the week, unless I hear some good news from around here Thanx for the report, sounds like a at least a few quality fish thrown in.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:40 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Re: Beaverkill river report 5/27

The nice beaverkill brown i caught Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo0042.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	36067