NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Lake George help and info.... - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 03-06-2020, 12:29 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Lake George help and info....

Will be heading up for 10 days early August. Staying just south of Diamond Point. Will have my boat (22 W/A) and 2 kayaks so should be able to cover any place on the lake.

I’m a total newbie at everything FW and boating/fishing on lake George. Any info you guys can pass along is much appreciated.

I’ll have a dock right on property but need to launch somewhere. Thinking million dollar beach in the village?

Lures, baits, depths, what to target, places to go. Anything you guys can recco Will help. Thanks fellas.

KUKUBABY FISHING TEAM

EST. 1995
Old 03-06-2020, 12:52 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Lake George help and info....

my favorite place on earth!

the small mouth will be in 30-40 fow on any main lake structure. looks like there are a lot of spots right near by. your only issue is that the south end of the lake is a zoo so fish early and late. as far as baits any finesse style bait (drop shot, grub, ned rig, carolina rigged senko, etc) will get em. stick with natural colors and you will have a blast. one of the hardest fighting freshwater fish IMO.

Check out the contour map.
https://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=e...%7BbkhGfet%60M
Old 03-06-2020, 05:32 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Heaven on Earth...depends on what you want to do..If you have kids with you, it will be non stop action on yellow perch , sunfish and rock bass anywhere between 7 and 30 feet on water if you put a worm on a hook 12 inches above a sinker...I would head North from where you are, target any of the islands that are around The Sagamore..drift the East side of the Sagamore island and you should pick up some smallmouths...The bay just outside of Chics marina ( Huddle Bay ) has a few islands that always produce. Plus the island directly in front of Chics has an osprey nest and you can see them perfectly...if you want to target bass i would use Keitech Fat Swing Impact 4" on a small plain leadhead..Have had some success with small rapalas, but not nearly the action I have had with Keitech baits. Head into the Narrows , depending on the wind either drift the West side or East and it should produce. My preference is West side..20 feet of water outside of Log Bay has produced for me the last 2-3 years
Old 03-06-2020, 05:36 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

If i were you i would avoid launching in the South section of the Lake...I would recommend Norowal Marina in Bolton Landing, which is close to all of the spots I mentioned
Old 03-06-2020, 09:46 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I've only fished the south end of the lake once, during the early spring. Based on what I saw there, I would target rock piles and drop-offs with tubes and senkos if you want to target smallies. The backs of some of the bays get shallow and weedy, and would be good spots for panfish, and possibly some big pickerel. If you want to make a run to the very north end of the lake, you can launch at Mossy Point and fish all the way up to the Alexandria Avenue bridge for a chance at some big largemouths. Some of the small creeks around the lake also have wild trout, so that might be a nice little side-trip for a change of pace.
Cause on a day like today there's one place I gotta be:
GONE FISHIN'

Fishing with LardAlmighty on YouTube
Old 03-07-2020, 08:28 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Awesome info. Thanks gents. Keep em coming.

Had to google half the stuff figure it out. No clue what a Ned rig is...🤣

Haven’t FW fished since I lived in Bergen Co many moons ago. Need to head out and buy everything as if it’s my first day on the water. Something tells me I’ll stick out like a sore thumb with a walk around and 2 stroke OB in a sea of pontoon boats!

Squatch thanks for the navionics link. Really helps!

KUKUBABY FISHING TEAM

EST. 1995
Old 03-07-2020, 09:20 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

They love Senkos, Ned rigs, Keitech’s up there during the day. At night all you need is a Whopper Plopper in black. They absolutely smash these things on the flats near deeper water. Smallies and LM galore. I’ve stayed in Diamond point multiple times. Some really good fishing in that area. Even caught some Lakers off the dock one evening throwing a 2.5 inch Shad!
Old 03-15-2020, 10:19 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

You might want to take a charter out. he can show u the ropes. lots of laker/salmon trips and can do smallie or even pike trips.