NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Big H 3-14-2020 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 03-16-2020, 11:37 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Big H 3-14-2020

So,

Made out to big H early morning on Saturday. Set up at 5am and was waiting for that early morning bit. And waiting....and waiting and waiting and still waiting. By 9am all i had to show for my efforts were an early bite pickerel, two largemouths and one lost crappie. Having come for crappie i was completly lost on where they have disappeared too. Had ppl come through with a boat and showed us land locked folks how it was done for some time.

On side note i was given a lecture on spots. By someone who showed up at 730am, set up ten feet away from me and started casting where i was fishing. After letting them know that i been fishing here since 5am and that they should cast away from my set up, i was given a lecture that this is a big lake and i should just move. Amazing. Oh well i was in no mood to deal with stupidity and let him enjoy casting his bluefish popper wondering why no fish was biting.

Shared my catch with ppl that were more respectful there and were having no luck and it paid off big time. Moved from south end to north and found some more pickerel to play with. Left at 12 with 5 pickerels, 2 bass, 1 crappie, 1 bullhead and 1 crawfish.

Good to be out.

Andre
Old 03-16-2020, 12:58 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Re: Big H 3-14-2020

Some people are just are just plain rude. Haha! Glad you got a few fish and avoided the skunk.
Old 03-16-2020, 04:06 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Big H 3-14-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrushkin33 View Post
So,

Made out to big H early morning on Saturday. Set up at 5am and was waiting for that early morning bit. And waiting....and waiting and waiting and still waiting. By 9am all i had to show for my efforts were an early bite pickerel, two largemouths and one lost crappie. Having come for crappie i was completly lost on where they have disappeared too. Had ppl come through with a boat and showed us land locked folks how it was done for some time.

On side note i was given a lecture on spots. By someone who showed up at 730am, set up ten feet away from me and started casting where i was fishing. After letting them know that i been fishing here since 5am and that they should cast away from my set up, i was given a lecture that this is a big lake and i should just move. Amazing. Oh well i was in no mood to deal with stupidity and let him enjoy casting his bluefish popper wondering why no fish was biting.

Shared my catch with ppl that were more respectful there and were having no luck and it paid off big time. Moved from south end to north and found some more pickerel to play with. Left at 12 with 5 pickerels, 2 bass, 1 crappie, 1 bullhead and 1 crawfish.

Good to be out.

Andre
let me guess you were at lakes end when you were told to move
Old 03-17-2020, 09:50 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebadger View Post
let me guess you were at lakes end when you were told to move
Where else can i be. Getting to old for confrontations. Liked north end better for the bite anyway. Cleaned up on some slime darts for you.

Andre
Old 03-17-2020, 10:19 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

oh you mean the lakes end flea market.that bagers favorite place
Old 03-17-2020, 11:50 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunker dunker View Post
oh you mean the lakes end flea market.that bagers favorite place
that is only true if i feel like getting stomped by the zodiac nation nothing like having bobbers bounced off the side of my canoe
Old 03-17-2020, 11:53 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrushkin33 View Post
Where else can i be. Getting to old for confrontations. Liked north end better for the bite anyway. Cleaned up on some slime darts for you.

Andre
thanks andre i knew i could count on you cleaning up on those nasty slime darts