NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Deal Lake Report 4/29 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 04-29-2011, 05:14 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Deal Lake Report 4/29

Hit Deal Lake yesterday for a hour or two. Tried for bass with a senko with no hits. Went by the train tracks and saw tons of carp up to 20 lbs spawning in the shallows. There is tons of garbage on the shores of the lake and it disqusts me. If their was less trash the lake would be much cleaner. By chance I am going to try for carp there tomorrow and would like to know what lb test leader and hooks to use?

SNAPPERHEAD

A proud customer of Ancient Mariner's Bait and Tackle for 9 years. (AND COUNTING....)

Old 04-29-2011, 05:56 PM
Old Soft Salt

Default Re: Deal Lake Report 4/29

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapperbluefish101
Hit Deal Lake yesterday for a hour or two. Tried for bass with a senko with no hits. Went by the train tracks and saw tons of carp up to 20 lbs spawning in the shallows. There is tons of garbage on the shores of the lake and it disqusts me. If their was less trash the lake would be much cleaner. By chance I am going to try for carp there tomorrow and would like to know what lb test leader and hooks to use? SNAPPERHEAD
OK you'll get lots of different advice on this one.
I use a 6 or 4 regular Eagle Claw non bait holder hook.
I always use 4 lb. test, but depending on the conditions, the drag on your reel, and your skill...you might want to use 6 lb. or more.
Carp have no teeth so ditch the leader you don't need it. Use the least amount of weight you can get away with.
Hooking and fighting a Carp is more fun then landing one
Bring a net if you want to get a picture, and good luck
Old 04-29-2011, 11:02 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson
OK you'll get lots of different advice on this one.
I use a 6 or 4 regular Eagle Claw non bait holder hook.
I always use 4 lb. test, but depending on the conditions, the drag on your reel, and your skill...you might want to use 6 lb. or more.
Carp have no teeth so ditch the leader you don't need it. Use the least amount of weight you can get away with.
Hooking and fighting a Carp is more fun then landing one
Bring a net if you want to get a picture, and good luck
I have 15 lb braid on my reel and it has the diameter of 4 lb test so can I use it with or with out a leader, just so the carp do not feel the braid?

SNAPPERHEAD

A proud customer of Ancient Mariner's Bait and Tackle for 9 years. (AND COUNTING....)

Old 04-30-2011, 03:51 AM
Old Soft Salt

If you feel you need a leader then by all means. Carp fishing like most fishing can be as simple or as sophisticated as you like I use mono only, I'm simple.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:28 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson
If you feel you need a leader then by all means. Carp fishing like most fishing can be as simple or as sophisticated as you like I use mono only, I'm simple.
Yeah, I mean it is just carp. ya throw a dough ball out or some corn and wait. Ha Ha.

SNAPPERHEAD