NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Friday night on the big D - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 09-23-2019, 11:07 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Friday night on the big D

Nice work man!!! Do you wade at night or strictly fish from shore? My mom recently moved to a waterfront property on the big d and I want to explore it more, but I'd be too nervous to wade at night.
Old 09-24-2019, 07:48 AM
dakota560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookmanski View Post
Nice work man!!! Do you wade at night or strictly fish from shore? My mom recently moved to a waterfront property on the big d and I want to explore it more, but I'd be too nervous to wade at night.
If the water is clear which it should be now familiarize yourself during the day with the area you plan to fish, have a good head lamp and you'll be fine. Give fast water or steep drop offs a little more room as a precaution. Night time is a great time on the river, every now and then depending on where you're fishing turn around to make sure Yogi isn't watching although soon they'll be hiding from hunters as opposed to the sows looking for food in the spring for themselves and cubs. Best time of year to fish the river and night time can offer the best time of day, don't miss out.
Old 09-24-2019, 08:21 PM
Old Soft Salt

Quote:
get an old ski pole as a wade staff / ass saver!
Old 09-24-2019, 08:59 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
This spot i fished is mostly from shore as it is very rocky. I have waded other areas at night but usually don't go out too deep. Head lamps are a must but you don't want to be spooking fish either. Sometines walleyes will cruise right up to the waters edge so being out is not all that important; at least not at night.