NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Bradenton Florida Land-Based Fishing - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing Use this board to post all general salt water fishing information. Please use the appropriate boards below for all other information. General information about sailing times, charter availability and open boats trips can be found and should be posted in the open boat forum.

Old 03-05-2024, 10:09 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Bradenton Florida Land-Based Fishing

Headed down to IMG to watch my son play baseball for a few days at the end of the month. I will be staying in Bradenton, Fl and would like to get some saltwater land-based fishing in. I plan on giving a couple of tackle shops a call to see if they have any reports and/or advice a few days before I leave. I thought I would reach out here for some guidance, locations, species to target, and tackle. Thank you in advance for your help.
Old 03-05-2024, 01:02 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Re: Bradenton Florida Land-Based Fishing

Vacationed on Anna Maria Island in November with family. All land based fishing caught many different species. Fishing the gulf beach in front of our condo we caught Spanish Mackerel and Jacks on metal jigs. Fished live or fresh dead shrimp, and fishbites sandflea chunks at night on hi low rigs with 1 or 2oz weights and caught gulf whiting (our kingfish), sea trout, and catfish. Also fished a few piers on the bayside. pinch a few split shots to main line tie a swivel then 2' 30lb leader to a #1 octopus hook and caught grouper, sheepshead, lane and mangrove snapper and a bunch of other species. Everything was small but had a blast. Discount Island tackle in Holmes Beach was very helpful. PM me for more info
Old 03-07-2024, 04:43 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Re: Bradenton Florida Land-Based Fishing

We vacation in anna maria island yearly and hit all the local piers and possible docks for sheepshead. Older the pilings the better. Get yourself some sand fleas or crabs and a bottom sweeper jig. Some giants under the city pier. Check out fishing with salty on youtube, you can get some ideas where to hit. Great eating fish! Also had a lot of luck with shrimp and small plastics for snook by longboat pass. Larger rod with crabs you can get lucky and get some nice tarpon at the pass as well. More snook options at the south lido key / big sarasota pass. current rips along the shoreline and the snook cruise back and forth with the tides. Good luck